I recently acquired a line 6 vetta hd and upon searching the web found that you can vastly improve the solid state sound by adding a tube power amp. I really don't know anything about power amps, other than what they do exactly. I konw that the pre amp adds color, and the power amp boosts the signal, and that most heads contain a power amp. But if I'm adding an external one do I have to somehow bypass/disable the internal power amp? And does the power amp go between the guitar and the head? Or between the Head and the cab?
Here are the specs of the Vetta I HD
http://line6.com/legacy/vettahd
and if anyone could suggest what power amp to use I would greatly appreciate it!
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Are you unhappy with the tone?

Have you spent many days and hours trying to find a good tone on the vetta?

If you answered no to one or both of these, don't go buying stuff to make it sound better. It's got a ton of things to tweak. Spend some time with it. Tons of people use it with no tube power amp and love it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yes I have. I am not entirely dissatisfied with it. I really like it. I would have gotten the vetta II (with has a tube preamp, or power amp I can't remember) but I got a really good deal on the Vetta I. I'm jsut having trouble getting a 'tubey' sound from it as cliche as that might sound. Try as I might it just sounds very solid state.
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
I initially was thinking about getting a bbe sonic maximizer, but all my research has said that it just boosts the low end and cuts the mids.
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

The vetta 2 has nothing tube in it. You can plug the vetta into a computer and update it to the vetta 2

Have you tried downloading presets others have made?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Connect the preamp send on the Vetta to the input on the poweramp. Connect the poweramp to a cab. That way you'll get the preamp of the Vetta with whatever poweramp you have it plugged into.

Guitar -> Preamp -> Poweramp -> Cab
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ibanezguitars44
The vetta 2 has nothing tube in it. You can plug the vetta into a computer and update it to the vetta 2

Have you tried downloading presets others have made?

Oh my mistake, I thought it had a tube preamp. Right I think I need a midi interface to update and download presets. no I haven't, I could try when I get the right interface, but the presets won't be exact unless they're using the exact same gear as me
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...