Anyone know of any good acoustic amps that are reasonable priced? Hopefully around $100, but if I need to go higher, I can. Know of any good ones?

I just want something that sounds good for my acoustic-electric guitar. The Peavy Vypyr VIP 1 sounds really cool, but I really can't find much about it online. Anyone know if this is any good?

Thanks!
What are you using it for? And where do you live?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I live in Alaska, and I want it for home use with an acoustic guitar. The USB recording feature on the Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 looked very interesting, but I don't need it if there is a better amp that doesn't have it.
If it's for home use, there's really no need for an amp. All it'd be is a small PA. If you want to record, I'd look into an audio interface.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
The Vypyr VIP will work fine for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
robbgnarly, I've got some question about the Vypyr VIP 1, and if you wouldn't mind answering a couple of question about it, I would be super appreciative!!!
Buy a nice interface instead. You don't need an amp.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541771
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 30, 2013,
Grr.... I want an amp because you can do some cool things with amps you cannot without it. Volume with ease, loops, reverb, other effects.
There are plenty of sane reasons to get an amp for my acoustic... :\
I don't need an interface to record, I was just a bit curious about the Vypy VIP's usb port for recording.
I don't need recording, that was just an added bonus, I just want to know of a good acoustic amp.
Quote by Isakale
Grr.... I want an amp because you can do some cool things with amps you cannot without it. Volume with ease, loops, reverb, other effects.
There are plenty of sane reasons to get an amp for my acoustic... :\

Not really if it's strictly for home use...

It sounds like you want an amp for the processing, not the amplification, so in that case I'd look at an acoustic-geared multi-effects unit, like something from the Boss AD series or a Zoom A series. But looping is not built in to any acoustic amp or processor as far as I've looked; you'd have to get a dedicated pedal like a TC Electronic Ditto or Boss Loop Station.

EDIT: But if you REALLY want the name of a good acoustic amp, I've heard nothing but good about the Fishman Loudbox Mini. But you don't need that.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Last edited by bassmastamitch at May 30, 2013,
Awesome. Sorry for my temper in the post above. Everyone has been very helpful~!

Thanks bassmastamitch! I
'll look into that!