I've got an old hollowbody with a bridge P90 that just isn't doing it for me. The neck P90 gets pretty fat and has decent clarity to it, but the bridge feels very bland and has a noticeably lower output than the neck pickup. I'd like something kinda clanky, bright, and raw sounding with output to at least match the neck P90. I figure I have 2 options:

1. I could get a new pickup. Because of the way its mounted (it's like a dog ear shell mounted on a large humbucker ring), I can fit practically any pickup if I just make a custom mount for it. I've been leaning towards either a Rickenbacker hi-gain or some kind of jazzmaster-ish pickup in a P90 size. I'm open to any suggestions, my budget is unlimited within reason (I'd be willing to go up to $150 if it's perfect)

2. I could try to swap the magnets on the existing pickup. I have a pair of magnets that I'm guessing are C8, which I could try. I've also thought of ordering some alnico 8s. Maybe a mismatch of one of the existing magnets (I'm guessing A5) with a C8 or A8 might work, but I have no experience with that at all.

TL;DR: I need either a clanky/bright/raw bridge pickup <$150, or to make my current bridge p90 clankier by changing the magnets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kenneth
I don't have great experience with P90s but I have heard a lot of people saying Lindy Fralin P90's are some amazing pickups, and they do them in tons of different configurations and outputs, could be worth looking at if you want to stay with P90s. I have heard another name mentioned that apparently makes a better high output P90 but I cant remember the name, I am sure someone will be able to chime in with it though.

http://www.fralinpickups.com/p90s.asp
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Thanks for the recommendation, but I think it might be time to try something other than a P90. I love them, but I don't really need the ballsiness in the bridge of this guitar. Something brighter with sharper attack would be ideal, which is why I'm considering swapping the magnet in the existing pickup.

Does anybody have experience swapping magnets in a P90 from 2x alnico 5 to a mix of alnico 5 and ceramic 8 or a pair of ceramic 8 bars?
Kenneth
update/for future reference:

I swapped one of the existing magnets for a ceramic magnet that happened to be double the thickness (1/4" instead of 1/8"). The bottom plate is now angled and it looks really ghetto but I don't care cause you can't usually see it and it's holding together fine. It sounds so lively and unruly now, it's great. It's not really "clanky" like I wanted, but I figure I can compensate for that with amp/pedal settings. It feels like the upper mids are boosted to oblivion and the treble/presence has certainly gone up a bit too. It sounds overall quite a bit louder but the bass seems unaffected, if not slightly reduced. The tone and volume controls are now significantly more useful. I can almost revert to the old tone by rolling them both back to around 6, but it's not quite there.

I might try a pair of ceramics later, but I think that might be overkill.

I changed the magnet on the neck side of the pickup, does anybody know if there would be any difference if I had swapped the other one instead?
Kenneth