Page 1 of 2
Does anyone in here partake in Dungeons and Dragons, Satan's game? When I roll I currently am playing by 3.5 rules but, I don't know if I'm ready to take the next step and go up to 4.0 rules. Anyone here play 4.0 rules and if so is the transition from 3.5 to 4.0 a difficult one to make?
"Now I'm free fallin, yeah head first, red hat to the back like Fred Durst" - Lil Wayne
Very difficult, required weeks of training and preparation on my part.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Why the hell would you want to transition to the 4.0 rules? That shit is horrible.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Ha! 4.0! There's a beta test going on for D & D Next (aka 5th edition) go get it for free if you still can at the wizards of the coast site. Only go to 4th if you like cards. I got really tired of D & D, but this is getting me interested again.
Quote by necrosis1193
Why the hell would you want to transition to the 4.0 rules? That shit is horrible.

This guy knows.

I'm running a Pathfinder game and playing in another. I don't play literal D&D anymore. I only play Pathfinder or other systems. It's 3.75 pretty much. I want to run another 1e campaign one day.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Can someone explain to me what's going on?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Isn't there a D&D thread
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Yeah there's a tabletop gaming thread somewhere.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Yeah there's a tabletop gaming thread somewhere.

Looks like TS failed his Knowledge Local check.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Looks like TS failed his Knowledge Local check.

Wouldn't that fall more under gather information?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Wouldn't that fall more under gather information?

I'm going off Pathfinder since it's the closest thing to D&D I play. I don't know of a gather information in D&D or its variants.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm going off Pathfinder since it's the closest thing to D&D I play. I don't know of a gather information in D&D or its variants.

Get out the d10s and roll wits+composure and add contacts if you have any.
Quote by angusfan16
So much nerd shit in this thread.

This from a guy with Nappa as his avatar
Quote by ryanbwags
Get out the d10s and roll wits+composure and add contacts if you have any.

Whatev man. I'll use d6's to fast talk you.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Have you guy's heard anything about Gerps? My DM was thinking about starting a Gerps campaign.
"Now I'm free fallin, yeah head first, red hat to the back like Fred Durst" - Lil Wayne
Quote by Bilbo Swaggins
Have you guy's heard anything about Gerps? My DM was thinking about starting a Gerps campaign.

My comment above is based from GURPS
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I "played" 2e with my dad in the 90s. I still have the original books.

I'm moderately interested in starting a more modern iteration, is it very difficult?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by cho0onger
I "played" 2e with my dad in the 90s. I still have the original books.

I'm moderately interested in starting a more modern iteration, is it very difficult?

2e used THAC0 I'm pretty sure. A d20 system is way more simple. It's hard going in but the rules are more consistent. Give Pathfinder a try, or the D&D equivalent 3.5.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
2e used THAC0 I'm pretty sure. A d20 system is way more simple. It's hard going in but the rules are more consistent. Give Pathfinder a try, or the D&D equivalent 3.5.

Yeah, the rules for THAC0 are carved into the inside of my skull, it'll be hard to shake them off if I try. Thanks n stuff.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Their is Traveler if you want a more modern/sci-fi role playing game it's like Dungeons and Dragons but, a lot more streamlined.
I believe wizards of the coast is going to release 2nd Edition and 3.5 again. I saw the DM guide for 2.0 recently in hardback.
Honestly, If you are getting bored of the 3.5, 4.0 isn't going to pose much of a challenge. I mean, gaining levels isn't even hard until you get to the 60s and up. Fortunately by then youll have rune or some kind of corrupt dragon armor or something if you know how to save your money.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
If you're bored of 3.5....

Pathfinder....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
>not playing pathfinder

c'mon man it's like your not even trying to have fun
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by captainsnazz
I actually have so many mocking comments to make that my brain has frozen and I can't make any comment at all.

This. My god this
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I think my virginity grew back whilst reading all of this...
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by cho0onger
Yeah, the rules for THAC0 are carved into the inside of my skull, it'll be hard to shake them off if I try. Thanks n stuff.

I still run 2e games in my group. THAC0 fo lyfe
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by captainsnazz
I actually have so many mocking comments to make that my brain has frozen and I can't make any comment at all.

Quote by captainsnazz
I'm pretty sure there's already a D&D thread at ultimate-******.com

helped
Quote by Masquirina
I can't believe his/her username isn't urethra franklin yet, wowewow.
Gurps rule #1: Warhammer is the only tabletop game.
Rule #2: Other games must GTFO.

Blood for the Blood God

Look at all these plebs who think tabletops are so lame but probably play video games.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WCPhils
Jesus, this thread is like trying to read a foreign language

Don't worry I speak fluent virgin let me translate for you?
all this mad in here

I know a lot of people in here put shit tons of time into Skyrim. Just give in. Tabletops are awesome. There is no reason to be upset.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think you are confusing anger for friendly mocking. Get the chip out of yr shoulder m8 you aren't doing yourself any favours
Fun fact: Up until Community came along I thought D&D was a video game. Ever since that episode I wanted to play, but I don't think it'll be as fun as I think.

Is there a drinking version of D&D? I would ask if there's a strip version but lol let's be real
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I think you are confusing anger for friendly mocking. Get the chip out of yr shoulder m8 you aren't doing yourself any favours

Maybe you're confusing my confusion with playing along u cheeky cunt
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 2