Hey guys

So im new to tone and getting specific sounds,

I was messing around in guitar rig (the NI software) and found the '001 All The Blink Things' preset, the guitar tone from dammit specifically, if anyone has guitar rig they can check that out.

Its exactly the same tone as the song and sounds great on my telecaster.

So i was wondering if i wanted that tone live, what gear am i looking at? ive found random distortion things but it never gets as clean and crisp as that preset / the real song.

All i have is a poor 50 watt marshall practice amp with built in distortion thats not good so i expect ill need all new upgrades but this is the kind of tone i want from my guitar all the time so im happy to invest!

Thanks for your time and help guys!
It's been a very long time since I heard that album but if memory serves it ought to be pretty much just a straight up JCM800 or a Rectifier with the gain up and the mids scooped.

On a budget, I bet a DS-1 in front of a Jet City or a DSL401 would work great.
Quote by Roc8995
It's been a very long time since I heard that album but if memory serves it ought to be pretty much just a straight up JCM800 or a Rectifier with the gain up and the mids scooped.

On a budget, I bet a DS-1 in front of a Jet City or a DSL401 would work great.

thanks, im looking which amp head to go for soon, was between the rectifier or rockverb currently. Might pick up a DS1 in the mean time if it will actually help at all?
Shouldn't be necessary if you're looking at that caliber of amp, but it's real good at getting those grungy tones at lower volumes. I'd get the amp first, pedals are their own disease.