That stuff doesn't mention wood so i assume it is similar to car paint remover. It will remove the paint but will very likely stain/mar the wood

A couple tried and true methods:
-Heat gun/strong hairdryer + putty knife
-A wide chisel (for flat surfaces), works for me. high chance of digging into wood. NEVER use for sides. I use bondo for filling any dents/errors i make
-An random orbital sander, again for flat surfaces
-Hand sand with 80 grit.

My personal take:
Heat gun + a chisel (fastest method, high damage probability) and putty knife for sides
Sand with 220 for edges

For thin finishes I use a random orbital sander,

For carved top surfaces I almost always use the heatgun and putty knife method but I occasionally use a random orbital sander if I feel like I can control it well.
???
I don't think there's any good way of getting spraypaint off without taking off the underlying layer of paint. Unless you can scrape and buff it out (probably not) you're going to end up taking the original finish off with it.

Personally, I'd just strip the back and sides and then just hit it with some tung oil or other similarly easy to apply sealer.
Quote by ccannon1
sorry, it's just spraypaint on top of the finish

There is no "safe" way to remove the spray paint with out damaging the guitars finish
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Explorerbuilder
If its just on top of the finish, use some lacquer thinner. It should take off the spraypain, but not harm the real finish (pretty sure eppis use poly, which is immune to chemicals)

+1 I was not thinking about the poly finish underneath
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Automotive glaze remover on a soft cloth should do it.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
i'm using acetone on one of my guitars right now to remove spray paint. it's a pain in the ass but it works. the original coat looks bright and shiny. it's like taking off a gift wrapper but it takes a lot of effort. be careful though, it might take off the original coat too. already made a few small dots with mine already.