So my tremol-no came in the mail today and I watched the official installation guide and did everything the guy said but when I tried tuning my guitar to drop B it couldnt hold it.

I have an Ibanez RG with an edge III floating trem system and I tried adjusting the claw screws but now it appears that the hole for one of the claw screws is stripped as the screw keeps sliding out, making the claw uneven.

Is my guitar totally doomed now or is there something I can do?
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
Fill the hole and redrill it wold be my first thought to do it properly. You might get away with stuffing a couple gluey toothpicks down there and hope for the best. Potentially use a slightly larger screw.
Quote by Razbo
Fill the hole and redrill it wold be my first thought to do it properly. You might get away with stuffing a couple gluey toothpicks down there and hope for the best. Potentially use a slightly larger screw.

He can't use a larger screw; it wouldn't fit in the tremol-no. And I wouldn't recommend drilling the claw itself. I own a tremol-no myself.

@TS:
Question. Why are you using a tremol-no? If you set up your FR-style guitar properly, you shouldn't need a tremol-no. So, unless there's a specific reason you bought it, I'd hate to say that you wasted your money.

I had mine in for awhile before I realized I'd just wasted $50.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 30, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
He can't use a larger screw; it wouldn't fit in the tremol-no. And I wouldn't recommend drilling the claw itself. I own a tremol-no myself.

@TS:
Question. Why are you using a tremol-no? If you set up your FR-style guitar properly, you shouldn't need a tremol-no. So, unless there's a specific reason you bought it, I'd hate to say that you wasted your money.

I had mine in for awhile before I realized I'd just wasted $50.

Because I like playing in dropped tunings and prefer fixed bridges over floating

Regardless, I wouldn't even be able to re install the old claw because the hole is stripped, so I don't know what to do or what I should fill the hole with.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at May 30, 2013,
I think that blocking the bridge with a piece of wood would really be the smartest thing to do. If you just wanted to make your bridge fixed you didn't have to buy tremol-no.
Well how am I supposed to do that when the hole for the screw that holds the claw which holds the springs in place is stripped? The wood would stop the bridge from going down right? but with out the tension of the springs what would stop the bridge from falling out? That's my problem.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
You still have other screw in place, right?

Try putting a piece of wood behind the part of the bridge onto which springs are attached. That way the tension of the strings will be pulling tremolo up, but it won't be able to go up because it will be blocked by a piece of wood. It should keep tremolo in one position, you just have to get a piece of wood with right dimensions.
Quote by Stringz of Fury
Well how am I supposed to do that when the hole for the screw that holds the claw which holds the springs in place is stripped? The wood would stop the bridge from going down right? but with out the tension of the springs what would stop the bridge from falling out? That's my problem.

Take a few tooth pic's and cut them so they are just a bit shorter than the striped hole. put some wood glue on them and stick them in the striped hole.
Let the glue dry.
put screw back in place

it is really easy and simple. I have done this on trem-claws and strap buttons that strip out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Take a few tooth pic's and cut them so they are just a bit shorter than the striped hole. put some wood glue on them and stick them in the striped hole.
Let the glue dry.
put screw back in place

it is really easy and simple. I have done this on trem-claws and strap buttons that strip out.

Thank you so much I was so scared I ruined my guitar but now it's fixed and better than ever with the tremol-no!
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Quote by Stringz of Fury
Thank you so much I was so scared I ruined my guitar but now it's fixed and better than ever with the tremol-no!

Cool, glad you got it fixed.

It was way easier than you thought huh?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Stringz of Fury
Because I like playing in dropped tunings and prefer fixed bridges over floating

And you can't set up your floyd rose for a dropped tuning without blocking it off? Also, why do you prefer fixed over floating?

Is it because you have issues keeping a floating bridge in tune? If that is the case, then you need to examine this thread and learn to set it up properly. Furthermore, putting a tremol-no on a floating bridge is NOT making it a de-facto fixed bridge at all.

Regardless, I wouldn't even be able to re install the old claw because the hole is stripped, so I don't know what to do or what I should fill the hole with.

Get some decent wood putty. Put it in the stripped hole, along with a screw. Problem solved.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And you can't set up your floyd rose for a dropped tuning without blocking it off? Also, why do you prefer fixed over floating?

Is it because you have issues keeping a floating bridge in tune? If that is the case, then you need to examine this thread and learn to set it up properly. Furthermore, putting a tremol-no on a floating bridge is NOT making it a de-facto fixed bridge at all.

Get some decent wood putty. Put it in the stripped hole, along with a screw. Problem solved.

you missed the buss man, he already fixed the issue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate