I just got my Peavey Vypyr 30 head in the mail today and was playing with the factory tones and such. I have a question though. I love my Boss DS-1 pedal and I wanted to use it with this new head/cab set up (which is my first because all I've ever used are combos) but when I plugged my pedal in and turned it onto the distortion channel, even on the peavey's clean channel, it sounds all muddy and unrecognizable. Does anyone know what I can do to make my pedal work with my amp head? Otherwise I'll have to send it back and get a different head, because I need to be able to switch channel with a pedal and I want to be able to use my Boss DS-1. Thanks!
Cassie likes to swallow
Bleeding will not stop
I left Cassie hollow
Cut you with my cock
It won't. Ditch the DS1, it'll sound like ass through a modeler.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Get a Sanpera I, throw the DS-1 away.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The amp's distortion will sound ten times better than the ds-1.
Just get a Sanpera.
[404]Signature not found
Pedals rarely work well with modelers.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Pedals work great into my Vypyr 60 IMO. That includes delay, phaser, wah and a Bad Monkey. But yeah, I don't think I would purposely buy a modeling amp knowing that I HAD to use a DS-1 into it.

Which Peavey clean channel are you referring to? Did you try it with the Twin setting on green?
Assholing aside, really do look into the Sanpera, TS. It will be much, much more useful to you than a dirt pedal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X