ian said something stupid about there not being demand for good production anymore because nobody listens to music in good quality with a good sound system or headphones

ima test his theory on you music enthusiasts in the pit

personally i download most the music i'm interested in in lossless if it's available, if it isn't i'm generally fine with good quality mp3s. i run it through quite a decent sound system, and i'm about to invest in some good headphones

hows your shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
In as high quality as possible with the best headphones $30 can buy.

Actually I usually just listen with whatever quality the free spotify has, but I dl the highest quality when I do that.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at May 30, 2013,
I have like cheap $20 headphones, but I always try to listen to my music in 320kbps mp3. Lowest i'll go is like ~230kbps range, anything below usually sounds pretty terrible and not worth my time listening to.
Keep in mind, in Ian's head people paid maybe thousands of pounds an hour, whose reputation (which is all that gets them work) depends on them making great mixes, are sitting in the greatest studios the world has ever seen going "Nah fuck this, so what if it sounds like shit? Everyone in the whole world just uses earbuds lol"
320 kbps or youtube

laptop soundcard

sennheiser cx 300's

not ideal but good enough for now
I have a pair of Klipsch earbuds. I download music in whatever I can get it in. Some of it is only available in low quality

I do have some of my favorite albums in FLAC though

My parents have a Pioneer surround sound system in the living room and in my room I have some nice Technic speakers and a turntable for my vinyl.

I don't have a car but when I do I'll probably get some nice speakers for it since any car I will be able to afford will have shit speakers
Last edited by WCPhils at May 30, 2013,
196kbps MP3 or above are fine. I blind tested myself, can't tell the difference above that point. From my laptop directly into Senn HD 518's with no DAC. For CD's, I have a Technics unit with a very nice DAC in it.
Quote by willT08
Keep in mind, in Ian's head people paid maybe thousands of pounds an hour, whose reputation (which is all that gets them work) depends on them making great mixes, are sitting in the greatest studios the world has ever seen going "Nah fuck this, so what if it sounds like shit? Everyone in the whole world just uses earbuds lol"

to be fair there is a trend in pop for mixes to be optimized for earbuds and smaller speakers
FLACs or highest quality MP3s through Sennheiser HD598s or vinyl records through some pretty bitchin speakers.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Fisher CA880 reciever, along with a Pioneer PL-570 turntable and Fisher AD-871 CD player which I plan to replace.

For the speakers, recently acquired Pioneer HPM-100 as my main drivers of choice, and occasionally the stock fisher STV-880 speakers for stuff that's bass dependent (not good for much else though.)

Quote by willT08
That's nothing close to what I said at all. Not in the slightest.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
That's nothing close to what I said at all. Not in the slightest.

You'd have to think that for what you said to mean anything at all.

Obviously you didn't actually put any thought into it whatsoever because you're a narcissistic fuckwit who thinks he shits gold and every idea that's ever popped in to your hideous, scraggly haired head is pure genius.
I don't own any headphones and I only use my ipod in my car via aux. I have a bomb stereo in my room so I buy CDs and just listen to them like that.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump

OT: I have Beats audio on my laptop and use some nice and cheap earbuds 'cos I'm a broke college kid and can't afford to spend more than $20 on earbuds.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
This thread getting heated.

I have a cheap sound system with a pair of speakers and a small sub. I also have some $70ish Sennheisers and a more comfortable pair of bass heavy Sony's that were like $60.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by willT08
You'd have to think that for what you said to mean anything at all.

Obviously you didn't actually put any thought into it whatsoever because you're a narcissistic fuckwit who thinks he shits gold and every idea that's ever popped in to your hideous, scraggly haired head is pure genius.

I like this will
I have Sennheiser HD 449's, and I either use Spotify, iTunes, or Youtube if I'm at home.

If I'm at the gym or at work, I use simple Phillips Earbuds with my phone.

If I download an mp3, I usually use an mp3 ripping service to get it from youtube and wait the extra 10 seconds to get the higher quality rip
In my car, I use the factory-given stereo in my SUV (which isn't bad in my opinion), at home I have a gaming headset on my PC which does a pretty good job with music, and I'll load my music either though YouTube, Google Play or iTunes.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I don't listen to music.

Seriously, I don't have a lot of time or money to devote to high quality sound these days. I usually just listen to stuff on YouTube over the built in speakers in my laptop, or if I'm feeling fancy, I plug it into my TV via HDMI cable and listen to it that way. I hardly bother with the music on my phone since my truck has a crappy aftermarket head unit with no aux. in or USB.

I want to get a decent sound system for my truck and my room, but that will have to wait until I'm not broke.
i typically listen to physical music a lot more than digital, but only so i don't have to run itunes on my computer and have it hog a bunch of processing power

i know i should get foobar or w/e but i don't really care enough

i usually download mp3s in v0 to save hard drive space though, because after a while having thousands of albums in 320kbps takes up quite a bit of unnecessary space

plus i don't have high enough quality speakers/headphones to really be able to appreciate the difference between a loseless format and an mp3
I have some Audio-technica headphones (the cheap ones but they are actual headphones and branded as 'monitoring headphones') for the computer and crappy, half broken earbuds for my ipod. I normally download with mp3s of good quality (varies, I'm not too picky) or lossless like TS. There's a stereo system downstairs (I don't know it it's 'good' or not) that I use on rare occasions.
klipsch earbuds, idk what kind but they were expensive as ****

mp3s at 320kbps is where it's at
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Through my macbook's built in speakers because I'm not an audiophile wanker.

I have some nice sennheiser headphones for mixing though. I prefer not to wear them cos headphones give me a headache. No speakers cos I need to be portable.