I've heard a lot of people swear that the choice of wood has a massive influence on the guitar, while I've also heard plenty of people claim it's a marketing conspiracy made by guitar manufacturers.

I'm not versed in this subject, as I have never experimented with it, which the only viable way to do so would be to repeatedly swap one singular pickup on different guitars on the same amp, with the same settings.

Does anybody have an opinion on this?
im sur eit does but onc eoyu factor in the amp and effects and pick ups and your techniue

wood is probably one of th elast things that affects tone

in an aoucstic gutiar thought it is MUCH mor eimportant
This again? This is brought up nearly every day, search it.

Quote by rockgodman
Where are those graphics from, there are extremely informative?

Drag the image into your search bar and you'll find the site.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Google "Guitar tone wood research" the general consensus from a research standpoint is no.

- Nick
Most human studies are completely inconclusive. That's all that matters.

There are many conflicting scientific studies too, as are brought up every time this ****ing subject comes up.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

If this is "Just out of interest" then i'd suggest looking up the relevant research rather than asking opinions here - if its with regards to a guitar purchase then i'd say don't worry about the wood - i've never heard of a guitar over a couple hundred quid sounding bad because of the wood. Its the last component you should worry about.

- Nick
To be honest, I don't think there's been all that much research on the matter because if it was found that woods do not affect the tone, it would reduce the price companies can sell their guitars for therefore massively reducing the profits of that company. The wood will then be purely cosmetic.

The only thing you need to worry about when it comes to wood is the feel of it (fretboard), the weight of the wood, though this can vary and the look.
I think we might have to consider banning these threads. They show up way too often and they never end in any reasonable discussion.