Page 1 of 2
Some non-dead guy will replace Jeff Hanneman.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah... I don't... you know... care. Deal with it.

Imma see if I can't turn this thread into a spiderman thread.

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Bostaph is a better drummer than Lombardo. The end.
Last edited by Second Rate at May 31, 2013,
Bostaph isn't a bad drummer but he isn't Lombardo, since Lombardo only shows up at bigger shows anyway this doesn't really affect me as a slayer fan unless they make a new albulm.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Who cares? Slayer are gobshite anyway.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Kerry King's being stupid. Why would you get rid of the world's best drummer when you already lost an awesome guitarist?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
world's best drummer

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

Name someone better?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Gene Holgan, the guy from priest and the guy from amon amarth. Paul isn't a bad drummer bit I'd rather see Dave.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by jjfeu662
Name someone better?

Pretty much almost every modern death metal, deathcore, black metal, etc drummer, just about any jazz or fusion drummer ever, a good chunk of progressive rock drummers, etc.

Seriously, I've never heard Dave do anything of any complexity, and don't try to say that he's totz supah fast or anything stupid like that because speed without any real sort of complexity is completely unimpressive, especially considering how many drummers that are out there doing way more complex things at significantly higher tempos.
Last edited by theogonia777 at May 31, 2013,
Quote by theogonia777
Pretty much almost every modern death metal, deathcore, black metal, etc drummer, just about any jazz or fusion drummer ever, a good chunk of progressive rock drummers, etc.

Seriously, I've never heard Dave do anything of any complexity, and don't try to say that he's totz supah fast or anything stupid like that because speed without any real sort of complexity is completely unimpressive, especially considering how many drummers that are out there doing way more complex things at significantly higher tempos.

Have you actually listened to anything Dave has done?

Every death and black metal drummer is doing exactly what Dave is doing, and he did it first. He also has some kind of solo project that beats all the jazz/prog drummers, and deathcore just sucks.

Yes, he's fast, but he does it with precision and accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyCL0OsMYs
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at May 31, 2013,
Quote by jjfeu662
Have you actually listened to anything Dave has done?

Every death and black metal drummer is doing exactly what Dave is doing, and he did it first. He also has some kind of solo project that beats all the jazz/prog drummers, and deathcore just sucks.

Yes, he's fast, but he does it with precision and accuracy.

Nah man, just listen to like Inferno, George Kollias, Lyle Cooper, Marco Pitruzzella, John Longstreth, etc. What they do is far more complex and quite a bit faster than anything that I have ever heard Dave do.

And I'm guessing that you really have never listened to much jazz or prog and so you really can't make any judgements about that, and whether or not deathcore sucks, there are some extremely talented drummers in the style, such as the guys from As Blood Runs Black and Through the Eyes of the Dead.
Quote by theogonia777
Nah man, just listen to like Inferno, George Kollias, Lyle Cooper, Marco Pitruzzella, John Longstreth, etc. What they do is far more complex and quite a bit faster than anything that I have ever heard Dave do.

And I'm guessing that you really have never listened to much jazz or prog and so you really can't make any judgements about that, and whether or not deathcore sucks, there are some extremely talented drummers in the style, such as the guys from As Blood Runs Black and Through the Eyes of the Dead.

Think what you want, but not every man can create thunder like that through a packed stadium without triggers.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
Think what you want, but not every man can create thunder like that through a packed stadium without triggers.

Yeah, you clearly know nothing about drums.
Quote by jjfeu662
Name someone better?

That girl from the White Stripes.

Real talk.
Quote by theogonia777
Yeah, you clearly know nothing about drums.

I know what triggers do and how extreme metal drummers use them and how Lombardo gets the same sound without them.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
I know what triggers do and how extreme metal drummers use them and how Lombardo gets the same sound without them.

You clearly don't understand the point of triggers and he really doesn't get the same sound. Go to the drum subforum and ask Steve08 or whoever to explain drum triggers and why they are needed to you before you say anything else, okay?
Quote by jjfeu662
world's best drummer

Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Quote by losing battle
Gene Holgan,.

It's Hoglan, you twat.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X

You guys are delusional. There is no man alive in this known world that is better at drums than Dave Lombardo. And Kerry King was stupid to replace him.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662

You guys are delusional. There is no man alive in this known world that is better at drums than Dave Lombardo. And Kerry King was stupid to replace him.

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or mentally ******ed
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or mentally ******ed

He's serious, unfortunately. And he knows nothing about drumming.
Quote by jjfeu662
Kerry King's being stupid. Why would you get rid of the world's best drummer when you already lost an awesome guitarist?

This is all just too much like what Van Halen did and we all know how that turned out.

Anyone that has any criticism of Lombardo, besides "he sucks," I'd sure like to hear the specifics. To me, his ability to change the tempo in so many creative ways (and the bands ability to keep up with the tempo changes) are what made me such a fan.

I'm not a drum expert by any means so just curious how anyone could simply say he sucks but more importantly, WHY/HOW? Otherwise, its just people spouting out their personal opinions/tastes and nothing more.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Jun 1, 2013,
I don't think anyone is saying that he sucks; he was a good fit for Slayer. However, to say that he is the "best drummer in the world", that "every" metal drummer is simply copying "exactly" what he has already done is just...dumb.

Quote by Saint78
lol

zach hill's bass drum work is much better than lombardo's and he only uses on pedal. and he's so much faster.

That tidbit, on the other hand, was spot on. I'm thrilled that Zach is getting recognition. The man is a machine and does actually manage to stand out in the world of drumming.
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Quote by captainsnazz
RIP dimebar darren

RIP he was the best bassist of Slayer until he fell under that bus after overdosing on too many alcohols.
Quote by mystical_1
Anyone that has any criticism of Lombardo, besides "he sucks," I'd sure like to hear the specifics. To me, his ability to change the tempo in so many creative ways (and the bands ability to keep up with the tempo changes) are what made me such a fan.

I'm not a drum expert by any means so just curious how anyone could simply say he sucks but more importantly, WHY/HOW? Otherwise, its just people spouting out their personal opinions/tastes and nothing more.

Like I said, quite a number of drummers from the styles I mentioned (death metal (particularly the brutal/technical styles), black metal, deathcore, jazz, fusion, prog, etc) do far more advanced changes in terms of tempo, rhythm, drum patterns, etc, and at far higher tempos.

Check out drum videos of like George Kolias, Derek Roddy, John Longstreth, etc. Something like this is a good example. It's just... from a technical level, he is playing at a higher tempo, and manages to easily incorporate blast beats, double strokes on bass, pretty much seemlessly. The patterns are for more complex than anything you could find in a Slayer song.

Now take a jazz drummer for example. Unfortunately, there aren't the same type of drummer-oriented videos of many of the great jazz drummers available other than footage from clinics or drum solos. Clinics usually aren't like... straight up drumming, usually more talking than anything, and solos... well, often they simply sound like hitting any random thing in no particular order. But listen to the complexity of the patterns that a real madman like Tony Williams throws down, not to mention the sheer amount of energy and intensity. Here's an example of one of his drum solos just to give you an idea. Like I said though, it sort of sounds a bit random at times, but such is the nature of drum solos and the more adventurous forms of jazz.

Quote by Pandaphagist
That tidbit, on the other hand, was spot on. I'm thrilled that Zach is getting recognition. The man is a machine and does actually manage to stand out in the world of drumming.

Have you ever listened to Shred Earthship?
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 1, 2013,
Page 1 of 2