At first, I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm swiss.

So I'm searching a new electric guitar.
I mostly play metal, but not really heavy metal. More like A7x, BFMV or Atreyu.
I was interested in the Schecter Synyster Custom in Black w/ ehite stripes. I really like the look of this guitar, but it's "Syns Guitar" and I don't wannea be like an adveritsing.
But the look is very cool, i relly like the head "the part where you tune the guitar, I don't know how you call it in english "
My budget is about 1000$, but it can be a little more or less.
You're referring to the headstock . If that is the guitar that you want to buy, then go for it. It doesn't matter if it's a Synyster Gates model. Don't worry about what anybody thinks. If you like it and you're happy with it, than that's all that matters.
It's a solid guitar if it's the one you like. He has got another model out which is plain black, and without the SYN inlays on it. Still got the pretty cool headstock though. Seems to run for about $850-950 too
But yeah, it's a great guitar for that style of music, but be aware you will be paying extra for his name.
Which guitar do you play currently?

Because Schecter have pretty fat necks.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by Mind_Reader7
Which guitar do you play currently?

I play a Washburn X-Series. Haven't got more details, sorry
Quote by justaginger
It's a solid guitar if it's the one you like. He has got another model out which is plain black, and without the SYN inlays on it. Still got the pretty cool headstock though. Seems to run for about $850-950 too
But yeah, it's a great guitar for that style of music, but be aware you will be paying extra for his name.

Just found it, it's the Schecter Synyster Special. And you're right, it's a very nice guitar. Thanks for the suggestion!
Guitars come in different shapes and sizes, weigh differently and have different neck sizes. To me the neck size and weight are the most important thing with a guitar. I could only judge those things by trying them, so if you can, try them.

A lot of guitars will suit you.

A Jackson Dinky or Soloist.

The Jackson Chris Broderick Pro is a very similar shape to the Schecter and has some great features. http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Jackson_Chris_Broderick_Pro_Series_Soloist_6_Electric_Guitar_White/JACKSN-291-3056-576?CAWELAID=1896183659&catargetid=1823399575&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CN-V2KzXwLcCFY3HtAod31wA9w

Quote by Mind_Reader7
Because Schecter have pretty fat necks.

No, they really don't. They're bigger than something like an Ibanez or Jackson but they're not big at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm now pretty sure, that I will buy the Schecter Synyster Special in black.
Any last suggestions?
And I know that it's the wrong thread, but is the Peavey Vypyr 15 good enough to play the guitar at home?
The Vypyr is okay for home for what it is but you won't get any bottom end or punch out of it.

If you're spending $1000 on a guitar you might want a little more amp. The tube Vypyrs sound a lot better than the 15. If it were me buying a starter metal only rig I would forget the Synster custom and get any old Schecter, there really isn't a lot of difference and a Peavey 6506 112 combo.
Quote by Xeus
I dont know if you like flying Vs but my Tokai copy is pretty good. They're quite cheap too so you'd have some spare cash for an amp possibly.

I once played on a V and I played like a newborn xD
So it's not really my thing
Quote by BobDetroit
The Vypyr is okay for home for what it is but you won't get any bottom end or punch out of it.

If you're spending $1000 on a guitar you might want a little more amp. The tube Vypyrs sound a lot better than the 15. If it were me buying a starter metal only rig I would forget the Synster custom and get any old Schecter, there really isn't a lot of difference and a Peavey 6506 112 combo.

Definitely this. I get better thick, punchy british tones out of my little Orange solid state than my Vypyr 30.

If you have 1000 to spend, at least 500 should go to the amp. If 2000, then 1000 on the amp, etc. A good guitar will feel great to play, but it's still going to sound like a cheap guitar if you run it through an $80 SS amp.
I don't need a super good amp at home.
I thought of spending about 200$ for the AMP.
What do you think about the Orange Crush PiS 20LDX?
Quote by loelu17
I don't need a super good amp at home.
I thought of spending about 200$ for the AMP.
What do you think about the Orange Crush PiS 20LDX?

We think, as noted above, that your priorities are incorrect. You need a decent amp if you want to sound decent, end of story. There is no guitar on the planet, regardless of price or quality, that is capable of making a mediocre practice amp sound like anything more than it is, but a good solid amp can make an average guitar sound incredible (assuming the player does their part).

A $15,000 Teuffel Birdfish will still sound like bees in a can through an MG, but even a crappy Squier Bullet can be used to good effect through my Tweed Deluxe...

But it's your money, so buy what you want.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 31, 2013,
Ok, you are right. Sorry.
But what AMP can you suggest?
I don't know much about Amplifiers..
Quote by loelu17
Ok, you are right. Sorry.
But what AMP can you suggest?
I don't know much about Amplifiers..

You should seriously consider the Vypyr Tube 60 with a Sanpera II pedal, which will let you play at home and out and provide you with plenty of options to fine tune your own personal sound.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You should seriously consider the Vypyr Tube 60 with a Sanpera II pedal, which will let you play at home and out and provide you with plenty of options to fine tune your own personal sound.

Saw your post, took a look at ricardo(ebay for switzerland) and found exactly this combo for 300 Dollars
boght it directly and I will pick it up this week.
I'm so happy right now, the seller said, that the amp is lile new, beacuse he didn't play very much but he cleaned it often and stuff
I'll let you know how it sounds.
But the guitat needs a few weeks till it's here
But I thank you all for your help
Quote by loelu17
Saw your post, took a look at ricardo(ebay for switzerland) and found exactly this combo for 300 Dollars
boght it directly and I will pick it up this week.
I'm so happy right now, the seller said, that the amp is lile new, beacuse he didn't play very much but he cleaned it often and stuff
I'll let you know how it sounds.
But the guitat needs a few weeks till it's here
But I thank you all for your help

That's a great price and I suspect you will be quite pleased. Good luck!
Charles Darwin