http://proguitarshop.com/andyscorner/is-your-amp-loud-enough

this is such a reoccuring question in here i have to post.

i found the most impactful section was the one of speakers where they show how much a few DB of sensitivity can have a major impact on overall volume.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Great guide. I really get annoyed with the "will my 30-watt combo be loud enough to play over a drum kit" crack.
craig's is better

and the last one they (PGS) did about power tubes was a joke. it's like it was suggesting that power tubes were the only thing affecting the tone in an amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
craig's is better

and the last one they (PGS) did about power tubes was a joke. it's like it was suggesting that power tubes were the only thing affecting the tone in an amp.

did matt write a rebuttal?
What a disappointing article. It starts off with some decent information, and addresses speaker sensitivity properly, and then the conclusion just reverts to the usual dogma of recommending the usual wattage ranges for the usual applications with barely any useful insight or actual advice. Not a single mention of mic'ing, barely any discussion on headroom, undermines its previous points about the importance of speaker sensitivity, and then to add insult to injury it ends with a hashtag for no discernible reason other than that's what the cool kids are doing these days.

Not impressed.
Quote by Roc8995
What a disappointing article. It starts off with some decent information, and addresses speaker sensitivity properly, and then the conclusion just reverts to the usual dogma of recommending the usual wattage ranges for the usual applications with barely any useful insight or actual advice. Not a single mention of mic'ing, barely any discussion on headroom, undermines its previous points about the importance of speaker sensitivity, and then to add insult to injury it ends with a hashtag for no discernible reason other than that's what the cool kids are doing these days.

Not impressed.

This. It has some decent info in there, but the end is just stupid and there is too little actual advice.
Quote by gregs1020
did matt write a rebuttal?

dunno

i was gonna but then they said you had to leave your email address etc. so i thought, "eff that".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok.... well i got some good points out of it.

the speaker thing definitely hit home since most people in here negate the effects of speakers entirely.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by Dave_Mc
dunno

i was gonna but then they said you had to leave your email address etc. so i thought, "eff that".

i can PM you a spare i use from time to time if you want to let loose on them.
Big let down. Craig's slays it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
^^ haha thanks greg but i really can't be bothered
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?