Been working on my vibrato lately, and one of the main problems i've noticed is that I have a tendancy to like, nudge the other strings with the finger(s) i'm using to vibrato. This has two side-effects, it sometimes stops the vibrato by knocking my finger away and also sometimes makes a sound.

Is there any way I can try and get around this?

(I'm playing on 10's, soon going up to 11s, if that makes any difference)

Cheers,
Michael
Well, that's sort of what you're supposed to do. Push the strings out of the way, that is. I'm not sure how you can fix it without looking at how you're doing it, but I'd say just keep practicing it. It should come sooner or later. Work on being firmer (Not pressing harder) on the string so you don't get all messed up and lose the note you're playing when you hit the other strings. Also, try to mute the lower strings with your picking hand and the higher strings with your fretting hand index finger. The fretting hand part might be a little tougher with vibrato in there, but it should be possible.

Hope this helps!
Cheers guys, i'm sort of doing a mixture of muting and being more forceful with the vibratoing finger and that seems to have cleared it up
Cheers guys, i'm sort of doing a mixture of muting and being more forceful with the vibratoing finger and that seems to have cleared it up