After upgrading my Cube to a Blackstar HT5 I miss my effects and looper. That is why I'm looking for a multi-effect pedal. I don't really care what brand, as long as it does what I need. My budget is €180,- and I live in Germany. A summary of my wishes:

- I would like to store multiple small loops and be able to scroll though them on the unit, without needing a computer.

- Use the MFX pedal as a footswitch between the clean and drive channel of my HT5.

- Use a chorus and a flanger at the same time.
$180 isn't going to get you very far, in terms of multi FX, I'm afraid. Save up some cash, and get a POD HD-something. Even the cheapest one does what you want, I think. Just don't quote me on that, and do your own research in it.

If I were you, I'd buy a footswitch for the HT-5, and a chorus and flanger pedal. Maybe a looper later on, but those are a bitch to run, in my experience. It would get you much better sound.
Not gonna happen. The only multifx that stores multiple loops is the now out of production GNX4 (or GNX3). It cannot switch your amp channel, so your requirements cannot be met.

You can either give up the stored loop requirement or buy a multifx and looper separately. But your budget makes that improbable unless you get both devices used and very cheap.
The amp switching requirement is a tough one. If you get a multifx with an FX loop you hook up using 4CM, keep your amp on the distortion channel, and skip using the amp's clean channel. The clean channel on the HT5 is nothing to write home about and you really don't need it with a multifx. The multifx will just feed straight to the power amp.

The Pod HD500 is a good choice, but not within your budget even used. A used RP1000 would work very well. For your budget I would consider a Zoom G3 or G3X straight into the FX return or clean channel of the amp. I bet you can get a distortion sound that is a good replacement for the distortion channel of the HT5. It's got a 40 sec looper, synchronized drums, and is within your budget. The Zoom is programmed as individual stomps and can have both chorus and flanger at the same time.
Quote by fly135
The amp switching requirement is a tough one. If you get a multifx with an FX loop you hook up using 4CM, keep your amp on the distortion channel, and skip using the amp's clean channel. The clean channel on the HT5 is nothing to write home about and you really don't need it with a multifx. The multifx will just feed straight to the power amp.

The Pod HD500 is a good choice, but not within your budget even used. A used RP1000 would work very well. For your budget I would consider a Zoom G3 or G3X straight into the FX return or clean channel of the amp. I bet you can get a distortion sound that is a good replacement for the distortion channel of the HT5. It's got a 40 sec looper, synchronized drums, and is within your budget. The Zoom is programmed as individual stomps and can have both chorus and flanger at the same time.

But the Zoom doesn't act like a channel switch does it? And what about the Digitech RP355, it is a little cheaper and I think it can act like a channel footswitch.
Zoom G3. You're going to have to live without the channel switching, or use a seperate foot switch for that.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by GuitarmultiFX
But the Zoom doesn't act like a channel switch does it? And what about the Digitech RP355, it is a little cheaper and I think it can act like a channel footswitch.
OK, the only multifx that I can think of that has an amp channel switch is the Boss GT series like the GT-10 and GT-8 for example. You'll have to download the manuals and check if both chorus and flanger can be used at the same time.
Quote by GuitarmultiFX
I don't really like the interface of the POD HD, it looks annoying to dial in.

My later suggestion still stands; Buy separate effects and a looper later on, when you can afford it. Good loop pedals can be spendy.

Like I said, this will probably give you a much better sound, in the end. If you absolutely HAVE to get a multi FX, I'm afraid I haven't got much input for you, if you don't like the POD HD series.

Good luck.
Quote by fly135
OK, the only multifx that I can think of that has an amp channel switch is the Boss GT series like the GT-10 and GT-8 for example. You'll have to download the manuals and check if both chorus and flanger can be used at the same time.

Can't find it in the manuals. But you now for sure that the Zoom can do that?
I previously said that the Zoom cannot amp switch. But if you meant Chorus and Flanger at the same time, then absolutely the Zoom can do it.

The Zoom is a stomp box style multifx (like the HD500 but not HD400 or HD300), which means that you can configure each FX block with anything including the same effect. Up to the DSP limit, which is normally not a problem unless trying to double up on amp models or something like HD reverb.