Page 1 of 2
(or at least feel really sad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFaiVNuy1k

well worth the almost 8 minute running time.

what a nice guy. it's lovely to see people in his position use their fame to promote a really possitive message.

(sorry if there's a thread already)

This was my question to Sir Patrick Stewart at Comicpalooza 2013. I wanted to thank Patrick Stewart for his speech at Amnesty International it personally help me put a name to the abuse, sexual abuse in my case, I had experienced in the past. He responded very passionately and the last thing I thought I would get at was a heartfelt hug.

When he embraced me he told me "You never have to go through that again, you're safe now". I just kept thanking him.

I hope everyone who needs help in abusive or violent situations has the courage to do so. There are people willing and ready to help you.

This video is owned by Oswald Vinueza and full recording can be found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWkLO...

I posted an extended response about the experience here on my blog

http://lemonsweetie.tumblr.com/post/5...

Just wait till ErikLehnsherr sees this thread.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
A very touching and heartwarming speech. Domestic abuse is a serious and sadly, prevalent issue, and to see men of his standing take such a strong stance on it is inspirational. If only everyone could see it from his point of view.
Absolute gentleman
I only know him from the internet these last few months, What's he actually from?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I only know him from the internet these last few months, What's he actually from?
This
Quote by WCPhils

yeah yeah cheers, I'm lazy ok?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Get out.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Get out.

I've never seen an episode of star trek in my life

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I've never seen an episode of star trek in my life

You've never seen Dune or any of the other countless roles he's been in either? What about Director Bullock from American Dad?
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
ok fine, ever watched any of the x-men films?

or played Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Emperor Uriel Septim VII

Ya lazy Bastard!

I've played oblivion, But I only had a quick glance at the stuff he's done

Quote by CoreysMonster
You've never seen Dune or any of the other countless roles he's been in either? What about Director Bullock from American Dad?

I think I know the guy in american dad you're talking about, but to the rest, Nope

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by CoreysMonster
Jeez, kids these days.

you're like 4 years older than me

yeah yeah...

Most people give me a hard time about my lackluster pop culture knowledge
I only just watch the princess bride two nights ago and everyone was amazed I'd never even heard of it

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I have to admit to my great shame that although I've seen some scenes of it, I've never seen the whole movie.

I am humbled, but my encyclopedic knowledge of all things Futurama gives me brownie points.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I have to admit to my great shame that although I've seen some scenes of it, I've never seen the whole movie.

I am humbled, but my encyclopedic knowledge of all things Futurama gives me brownie points.

I have to admit it was pretty great

and I've watched every season of futurama countless times but I still couldn't recall most of it

I do know that zapp is my favourite character

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I have to admit it was pretty great

and I've watched every season of futurama countless times but I still couldn't recall most of it

I do know that zapp is my favourite character

Zapp's pretty awesome and handsom and all, but i like Hedonism Bot the best
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by CoreysMonster
You're all wrong. It's Bender and Zoidberg, any other opinion is wrong.

bender is my second

and adam see I forgot what that ones name was

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by CoreysMonster
You're all wrong. It's Bender and Zoidberg, any other opinion is wrong.

How about we just agree it's all of them?
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by adamgur96

agreed, They're all the best and zapp is slightly better

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by adamgur96

How about we stop talking about cartoons in a thread about violence towards women
Quote by willT08
How about we stop talking about cartoons in a thread about violence towards women

Pfft women always get all the attention

Party pooper
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Patrick Stewart is the best.

In more ways than one. Cue Hydra150.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Gerard_xD
(or at least feel really sad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFaiVNuy1k

well worth the almost 8 minute running time.

what a nice guy. it's lovely to see people in his position use their fame to promote a really possitive message.

(sorry if there's a thread already)

This was my question to Sir Patrick Stewart at Comicpalooza 2013. I wanted to thank Patrick Stewart for his speech at Amnesty International it personally help me put a name to the abuse, sexual abuse in my case, I had experienced in the past. He responded very passionately and the last thing I thought I would get at was a heartfelt hug.

When he embraced me he told me "You never have to go through that again, you're safe now". I just kept thanking him.

I hope everyone who needs help in abusive or violent situations has the courage to do so. There are people willing and ready to help you.

This video is owned by Oswald Vinueza and full recording can be found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWkLO...

I posted an extended response about the experience here on my blog

http://lemonsweetie.tumblr.com/post/5...

OK! I wanna say something to this.

Awesome that he's doing this. My mom and I had to go to a woman's home once because my step dad was going focking menta (this was back in Canada). It's scary as shit. I applaud him for supporting something like that.

However, a lot of dumb ass girls don't know who this man is. I'm talking about the generation before me. They don't know Patrick Stewart, but they most likely know Rihanna.

That bitch has probably done more harm to women's psyche than any guy ever could. She has basically communicated through words and actions that it's ok for your boyfriend to "beat you up" or "rough you up". "It's not his fault, you're probably doing something wrong which is why he's hitting you."

Kids need to understand how wrong that is.

And...

"It takes 2 to tango."

I hate that saying, but it gets applied to men as well. There's a couple nearby where I live that has 2 kids and they are selling the house. The reason for selling is because the wife apparently cheated on the husband. When I heard that I remember ed that I had heard shouting coming from that house and it seemed like the husband was losing his shit. Whether it ever got physical, I don't know.

So I told my mom this and I said "Ah well, looks like the lady is a *****" and she said "Ah well, it takes 2 to tango, maybe the guy was an asshole."

What. No. If you're gonna cheat on your husband, and you two have two children, have the goddamn decency to divorce. God. Damn. Two to tango my ass. It's bad communication.
Didn't really get to me until about 5:30 in when he talked about his mum. That twinge of emotion there.

I really want to like Patrick Stewart, but I still can't help but remember the video of him at that awards ceremony being a twat to James Corden. I don't really like James Corden, but GOD Patrick Stewart was such a tool.
Eh. Didn't care for it. Patrick Stewart is fine, but gendering of the domestic violence issue is not.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Please expire.

Quote by Mudmen190
Eh. Didn't care for it. Patrick Stewart is fine, but gendering of the domestic violence issue is not.

Yeah, I agree with this. Violence is violence.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 31, 2013,
It didn't make me cry or make me sad, but it's good that he's doing what he's doing.

I can understand why people would concentrate on women getting abused over men but yeah that's sexist and domestic abuse can go both ways so he shouldn't just talk about one perspective.
I love the speech he gives around the 6 minute mark. The part where he ends up going, 'Wrong. Wrong!' Gives me shivers.

Quote by Philip_pepper

OK! I wanna say something to this.

Awesome that he's doing this. My mom and I had to go to a woman's home once because my step dad was going focking menta (this was back in Canada). It's scary as shit. I applaud him for supporting something like that.

However, a lot of dumb ass girls don't know who this man is. I'm talking about the generation before me. They don't know Patrick Stewart, but they most likely know Rihanna.

That bitch has probably done more harm to women's psyche than any guy ever could. She has basically communicated through words and actions that it's ok for your boyfriend to "beat you up" or "rough you up". "It's not his fault, you're probably doing something wrong which is why he's hitting you."

Kids need to understand how wrong that is.

And...

"It takes 2 to tango."

I hate that saying, but it gets applied to men as well. There's a couple nearby where I live that has 2 kids and they are selling the house. The reason for selling is because the wife apparently cheated on the husband. When I heard that I remember ed that I had heard shouting coming from that house and it seemed like the husband was losing his shit. Whether it ever got physical, I don't know.

So I told my mom this and I said "Ah well, looks like the lady is a *****" and she said "Ah well, it takes 2 to tango, maybe the guy was an asshole."

What. No. If you're gonna cheat on your husband, and you two have two children, have the goddamn decency to divorce. God. Damn. Two to tango my ass. It's bad communication.

Congratulations on showing your misogyny.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Congratulations on showing your misogyny.

Wat.
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Page 1 of 2