Basically I have a chinese made Tokai Love Rock (Les paul copy) that I've had for a good while but the pickups are a bit muddy and I'm looking for something better and also an upgrade for the electronics but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm not really looking for a specific sound just classic les paul tones I guess.

I also don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money, I live in the UK.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
you can get handwound pickups in the UK/europe starting at around £40 a pickup if that's not too much? oil city (england), catswhisker (england), MoJo (in belfast, not the other mojo in england), jesse loureiro in spain, leosounds in germany.... I've heard good things about all of those but haven't trie them.

You have cheaper options from the likes of tonerider (not as cheap as they were), irongear, entwistle, axesrus, again, have heard good things (for the price), but haven't tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can get handwound pickups in the UK/europe starting at around £40 a pickup if that's not too much? oil city (england), catswhisker (england), MoJo (in belfast, not the other mojo in england), jesse loureiro in spain, leosounds in germany.... I've heard good things about all of those but haven't trie them.

You have cheaper options from the likes of tonerider (not as cheap as they were), irongear, entwistle, axesrus, again, have heard good things (for the price), but haven't tried.

I want to give Kudos ^^
IronGear and Entwistle are both good choices for cheap pickups
Maybe some second hand Duncans or Dimarzios off Ebay??

What amp are you using by the way?
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
I'm playing through a Vox ac4 tv atm with a boss od3 to get my main overdrive sounds.

Thanks, I will have a look at all these options, I wouldn't be confident in changing them myself so I'm going to a store I trust, so I'll see what pickups they have in stock as well.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
yeah if you're going to a store they may fit them for a reduced cost (or better yet, free) if you buy them there. so that might complicate overall prices and value, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah right ok, been looking at IronGear pickups and they seem good, emailled them and they recommended the blues engine and hot torque combo, waiting to hear from tonerider.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
bear in mind tonerider probably aren't much cheaper than the cheapest handwound options these days...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah right damn, well the iron gear seem to be a good option.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
they mightn't be much cheaper either, i think they're the slightly fancier irongears, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
about 35 quid each, which is within my budget
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
yeah i mean the handwounds start at about £40-£45 each. granted it's a bit more if you're getting two, i suppose it depends on exactly what the financial situation is. I don't want you to get into debt over a pickup, lol, and i'm sure the irongears are nice (especially those fancier ones).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Handwounds? Link?

Sent tonerider an email and they still haven't replied, not great customer service.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
yeah i have a feeling i emailed them ages ago and got no answer either

http://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/

http://mojoguitarsandpickups.co.uk/

http://www.jlguitars.com/

they're a bit more, as i said, but not too much.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Iron Gear replied very soon after *shrugs*.

Thanks man for all the help. I'll have a look at those.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
no worries

as i said, i haven't tried those, so that's not a personal recommendation
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?