Played a nice brownsville guitar from NY today. Beautiful workmenship acoustic, dn style.

Any thoughts.

DW
it's from NY...what could be bad about it?
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Anyone familiar with this guitar. Is it a junker or is it just an unknown? It appears to be a quality instrument but I am no expert by any means.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

DW
i'm not finding much about them. most of what i see is the CLG6( $99 new...must be a winner), the SUD-550..not much on that one but not good from what i've read. the USA102 is great for kindling in the winter months..... so on and so on.
i think i'd pass on it unless it's around $50 bucks or so. it'd make a good campfire guitar.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
the only brownsville i'm familiar with were basses. they were entry-level sam ash house brand instruments, and actually pretty good. i almost bought a brownsville bat bass, and i see there's a guitar version, as well
http://www.samash.com/p/Brownsville_The%20Bat%20Electric%20Guitar_-49986338

sam ash, btw, started out in new york.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at May 31, 2013,
Ive owned my Brownsville for about 6 years now & I love it It is a great guitar A lot of people say they were made overseas and are junk. This was made in Brownsville NY I dont know the model number as it is very hard to get any info on it, It is NOT a 100.00 guitar i wouldn't sell it for 300.00 Great flamed maple neck with special abalone fret inlays on a nice rosewood fret board and stunning lime green color with Black Binding. It has two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge A very interesting combo with a 3 way switch selector. check out the tone on this demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE0mOlyJW3g I had a very expensive les paul I could have used at the time but this sounded better period Lp is gone Still have this .Im new here found this while looking for some info on the guitar Id like to get some feedback from anyone who owns one thinking about selling because im out on disabilty Thanks
Attachments:
BT 1.jpg
neck.jpg