Hey UG,

I recently replaced the stock neck pickup in my epiphone SG with a Seymour Duncan P-rails, which I find really cool, versatile and different sounding. I'm thinking about replacing the bridge pickup aswell, as anything will sound better then the stock pickup, however I want to get something that, similarly to the P-rails, is different and has some interesting tones or can be coil tapped in cool ways.

Any suggestions?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
i haven't tried them, but i'm guessing you've been spoiled by the p-rails, if you want something with a similar level of versatility i'm not sure of anything else that really touches them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why not stick a P-rail in the bridge as well? P90's in the bridge are great, especially if you play a bit of slide.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, the bridge P-rails seems like the obvious choice here. There isn't really anything else like it out there that I know of.
yeah i mean with the neck p-rails you've already pretty much designated the guitar as being your "jack-of-all-trades" guitar, so you might as well go the whole hog and stick the bridge version (or the bridge hot version) in there too and be done with it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?