Hey UG,

Long story short I need an amp that sounds good both playing a guitar and sometimes a bass. I bassicaly want an amp that mainly has a nice/rich deep clean sound, sort of a "blank canvas" and then I can get whatever other sounds I need with distortion and other pedals. I can't get a Fender bassman where I live. What are my other options?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
Any amp will work, it is the speakers that normally don't do both very well.

The EV12L and the Celestion K-100 are the only 2 speakers that I know of off hand that can do both well.

There is the new Peavey Vypyr VIP that are electric/bass/acoustic amps all in one package, only they are modeling amps.

The orange Thunderverb 200 is awesome, but at $2500 for the head is probably out of your range
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Marshall Super Bass and a MF400 cab.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ampeg V4?
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Any amp with a bass cab. Just keep in mind that if you're gigging and want a clean bass tone, you're going to need a lot more headroom than you would for guitar. But if you want to play dirty, then everything will be okay. Ashdown makes a few small tube bass amps (CTM-15 and Little Bastard) that I'm sure will sound good with guitar.
Quote by Seref
Traynor YBA-1?

This, this, this, 1000x this.

The Bassmasters/Bassmates are wicked guitar/bass amps. They have a few variations on the YBA, though, so do a little bit of research before getting one. The YBA-1s, which is a 40 watt head, can be picked up for $400-$650, depending on the condition. Traynor is actually reissuing this one. The YBA-2 is about 20 watts and comes in a combo format and goes for about $350-$550. The YBA-3 is a 200 watt head that can be had for about $350-650.

If you want a solid guitar/bass amp, then definitely give these things a look. They're built like tanks and have tone for days. If you can't get a bassman where you live, I doubt you'll be able to find a bassmaster. Still, it's such a great amp I thought I'd elaborate on it a little.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Probably not what you're thinking of, but do check out the new Peavey Vypyr VIP amps. I haven't played one yet, I'm a little curious about how well they work.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You can use pretty much any guitar amp and cab for bass as long as you don’t crank it up and start slapping (that will tear your speaker). Of course you’ll get better sound with an actual bass cab and speakers.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Any amp will work, it is the speakers that normally don't do both very well.

1. The EV12L and the Celestion K-100 are the only 2 speakers that I know of off hand that can do both well.

There is the new Peavey Vypyr VIP that are electric/bass/acoustic amps all in one package, only they are modeling amps.

2. The orange Thunderverb 200 is awesome, but at $2500 for the head is probably out of your range

1. No to the K100s, ask why I know. The EVM12Ls are decent but there are better 12"s for bass; so I'd go with separate guitar and bass cabs. TS didn't specify a budget; so, I'd recommend an Aguilar GS 412 for bass.

2. I bought/sold mine for a few bucks more than half of that.
Did you pop some K100's Ippon?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Ippon
I was playing loud and I knew the K100 cones weren't long throw (L) like in EVM-12Ls, popped the coils on both K100s, using just the 200W Traynor YBA200.

Oh. I withdraw my MF400 rec then. Thought they'd take it better than that. I stand by my superbass head rec though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification