Joan Rivers, who recently penned I Hate Everyone…Starting With Me, doesn't generally veer into political territory, but made an exception in an interview that aired on Wednesday's CNN's Starting Point - affirming that she does, indeed, hate everyone. Asked about her thoughts about the two presidential candidates, Rivers expressed a cynical outlook, deeming both President Obama and Mitt Romney "idiots."

sunglasses for summer

Responding to Zoraida Sambolin's about how she feels about the two, Rivers promptly replied, "Both idiots." She went on to elaborate on her blunt sentiments. "The country is in serious trouble," she said - and the eternal campaign that is the American political arena is harmful for the country.

cheap oakley
oakley glasses

"How dare you spend two years campaigning," Rivers said, suggesting we take a hint from across the pond. "They should do what England does. Six weeks to find out what everyone thinks before they vote for them for Parliament. That makes sense."

Two years? Rivers continued, "First of all, the president: get into the White House and do your goddamn duty. And Mitt Romney. Two years you all hate each other, and now you're all going to come together and say, 'But we really love him?'"

oakley outlet
discount oakley sunglasses

Along the same frustrated vein, Rivers criticized the money-centric nature of politics. Forty grand for a dinner with Obama? "You're not Democrats," she asserted. "You're very strong Republicans. [...] I find the whole thing disgusting. Both sides disgusting."