I've made my mind up. I want to get the following guitar with the following pickups and I need help with the spacing and anything else I must know.

Gibson SG Faded (Worn Brown)

Bridge: Seymour Duncan SH-PG1 Pearly Gates Pickup
Neck: DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Pickup

Now I need to know the spacings I need to get for each (if each pickup has a specific spacing, ex: F-Spaced or Regular)

Another question is:

Would the DiMarzio DP209 Super Distortion P-90 Humbucker Pickup be better for the SG than the DP100?

I really need to nail this setup on the dot, because it's a huge investment and I don't want to **** it up?

Ohh, and if you could reccomend any good half-stack setups that are affordable and great, please let me know. Please and thank you!
Uh... I think (hope) you have your neck and bridge mixed up.

Other than that, you'll just have to wait for someone who owns that guitar to chime in, or if a store near you has the model you want, go in with a tape measure.

I will say that F Bridge & Regular Neck is a pretty safe bet though, I find that most of my guitars are spaced that way, completely regardless of who makes them or what kind of bridge they have. I don't think I've measured a guitar that is Regular Spaced at the bridge pickup.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
With Gibson you do not need F spaced pickups for the bridge, and the neck pickups are all the same spacing(that's why there is no choice of F-spaced or not)

Get a Humbucker if you play heavier styles of music more. P-90's are nice, but they don't handle styles like metal very well.

Go used on the guitar, they are only $375-$450 for those Gibsons used.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
well I'm trying to get my own unique sound but i want it to be grinding like alice in chains. any help? i want a variety so i can switch up on clean/dirty tones, if you feel me. should i switch the pearly gates to a bridge?
or what what some good humbuckers be for that kind of style? i like iron maiden too, i love there sound and the SD super distortion goes well for that kind of music so i need to take either the Pearly Gates out or the SDs
there's getting your own unique tone and then there's doing something that won't work so well. you normally want a hotter bridge pickup and less hot neck- a bridge super distortion and neck pearly gates would probably work ok if you have your heart set on those pickups.

emgs combined with passives is a faff. it's possible, but it's extra work, and only really worth it if you're sure that's what you need.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well what would you consider a hot bridge pickup and a less hot neck? im confused there. where do the SDs and the DiMarzio fall in... Im leaning more on the DiMarzio because Super Distortion would be perfect for me. where would be the best place to put it, and what would go well with it
yeah a super distortion should work in the bridge position. As i said, I imagine a pearly gates would be ok in the neck with it (it's less hot), but i haven't tried that combo so don't know for sure.

Anything paf-ish (or slightly hotter than paf-ish) should work alright with the super distortion. problem is I've only tried a super distortion in a one pickup guitar so have never tried it combined with anything else, lol. I know the few guitars that i've heard of which came with a super distortion combined it with a dimarzio paf in the neck, but I'm not sure if the dimarzio paf is still available, it may have been superseded by the 36th anniversary paf (which i'm guessing is similar, but i haven't tried either of those pickups so ).

I'd guess a duncan '59 would work with it in the neck too (as it works with most things), but again i haven't tried that combo, so I'm only making an educated(ish) guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A lot of people seem to like the 36th Ann. I haven't used it either, but not my thing from what I've heard. '59 or a PAF Joe could work too. I think the Super D is a good choice for the bridge, as long as your amp is appropriate. For what you're doing, maybe a Marshall DSL50 or a Jet City JCA50. Just off the top of my head. You should make a dedicated "What Amp?" thread for that, answering the questions darkwolf291 posted.

Is the SG you're getting routed for humbuckers or P90s? You can't just pick one, you have to get what the guitar is routed for.

Big +1 to Dave_Mc - don't worry about trying to sound unique through your gear. It's absolutely pointless/stupid. You probably don't listen to this stuff but I always use The Dillinger Escape Plan and Gojira as examples. They both have two of the most common setups in metal out there. EMGs into Mesa Rectifiers, and JBs into Peavey 6505s, respectively. Yet despite the fact that their gear is used by EVERYONE who plays metal, they are two of the most unique sounding bands in metal, because of their playing style.

Your playing style defines your unique-ness, not your gear.

Sorry for the rant, but it's annoying seeing people trying to attain uniqueness through their gear when really they need to sit down and work on their style.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X