How is the buffer on it? Do you notice any tone degradation?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It takes butter like....well.....butter.

But to get to where you are going I have one and all I can tell you is that for $35 it is above average. Compared to the MXR 10 band it is below average but that is a $110 pedal. The Dano has a metal base and is heavier than you'd think. The shell is thick sturdy plastic. I think I'd be hard pressed to crack it. The switch button seems sturdy enough but is not your typical MXR type switch quality. The one thing I like about it is that it has a volume slider in addition to the 7 EQ bands. It also has a small footprint so it doesn't take up much space on my board. I have considered getting the MXR 10 band but I don't know where I'd put it I'll post a pick below that will show you its size relative to your standard MXR pedal - which are smaller than your Boss pedals.

The big downside of the Dano is that it had a touch of noise. Not hiss, just a touch of background noise. Because I usually play metal at loud volumes it doesn't bother me but if I was gigging and needed to do clean acoustic type passages and needed that pedal to pull it off I probably would get something other than the Dano.

For $35 new you really can't go wrong though.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 1, 2013,
Hiss when it's on, or when it's just off in the chain?

If it's when it's on, that's OK. I'm just going to use it as a solo boost, like 20-30 seconds total during a ~35 minute set.

For some reason only one of our songs needs a solo boost, the rest of the songs my solos cut through fine. It's really weird. Must be because it's mostly on the lower strings.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Cool... coolcoolcool

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Mine arrived today. I'll let you know here or WTLT once I've given it a proper run. Band practice is Friday. I'll give you a yell Saturday. If I forget, ask me..
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It's not waterproof. Will not buy another.

Okay maybe.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
No pedal with sliders is waterproof.

Well, I tested it out properly through a cranked 3/4 stack. Very impressed. I was running it in the loop (mainly because it replaced a pedal that I had wired into the loop) so I wasn't boosting the preamp. However, I do run my amp pretty much dimed so it was adding some dirt. I didn't need it as a preamp boost anyway, I needed a volume boost.
It sounded good and was very quiet. I didn't have one to compare it back to back but from memory it's a lot quieter than a Boss GE-7. Apart from the switch I'd rather it to the Boss - and it's a fraction of the cost.
The switch feels a bit dicky but I think a Carling footswitch will fit. I don't have any latching Carling footswitches so I'll be ordering one to try. I'll let you know.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 7, 2013,
Yeah

On the 'noise' factor I was referring to. Part of that was me parroting what I've heard other said. But I noticed it too on my amp and I run through the loop with a scooped EQ (because the Splawn has a boat load of mids) and in doing that, along with the Bad Monkey I get a nice brootal modern metal riffage.

But what I noticed is that I had the slider up past half way. When I drop the slider all the way down my rig is quieter than with no EQ at all so I guess it is all relative