I'm trying to decide between two Ibanez RG's which have the Edge III and Edge II Zero bridges respectively. I've read that the Edge II Zero is more suitable for lower tunings and higher string gauges. I plan to use either .10's or .11's, so would this bridge be the one to go with? Overall which of the two is better?
no experience with either, but never heard anything good about the edge 3.
Edge Zero II all day long.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Never had any experience with the Edge Zero II, but having had experience with the Edge III, get the Edge Zero II.
So is it impossible to use higher gauge strings with the Edge III? I'm not a big fan of .09's... I'm hoping to use either .10's or .11's. I suspect that the two extra springs in the Zero II help with higher gauge strings?
Of course, any floyd. Edge in your case can accept up to the highest guages 82 (? - 8 string). I've honestly tried a light bass strings, not suitable but you can do it.

Yes, you can use 10s... 11s... 13s... As long as you compensate with the spring tension
???
The two guitars I am trying to chose from are the RG470AHZ and the RG350MDX. I like the 350MDX, and it's in better condition than the 470AHZ. It also includes a hard case, which is a big bonus. However, I'm really concerned about the Edge III bridge. I've heard nothing but bad experiences about it. I don't plan on using it much; and if I were to block it off, would it be alright?

What exactly makes the Edge III so bad?
There's a reason why people give it so much crap... it is crap. (sorry for being so blunt)
???
Edge III is made of cheap cheap materials and doesn't hold tune at all. After setting a few up to what should make it play like a dream, they just don't hold up at all.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Alright, I've been convinced that the Edge III is definitely to be avoided. I'll be going with the Edge II Zero.
If you're going to block it the Edge III is alright. There have been a few Ibanezes that actually have Fixed Edge III bridges from the factory.

If you actually want to use the trem though, look elsewhere.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Aftiel_TK
So is it impossible to use higher gauge strings with the Edge III? I'm not a big fan of .09's... I'm hoping to use either .10's or .11's. I suspect that the two extra springs in the Zero II help with higher gauge strings?

Impossible? Not at all. Problem is, the Edge III isn't as well constructed as the Edge II Zero.