Hey guys

I im looking to upgrade from my poor old 10W practice marshall amp i got years ago.

Considering something like a JCM 800 or a Orange RVerb. I would prefer a head due to the flexability or using it if i ever play live with house cabinets.

When im at home i cant make much noise so have to play through headphones, so basically I was wondering can I use an amp head with headphones in some way?

And if a head isnt a good idea, when a combo?

I know some have headphone ports but these two dont so im looking for a solution!

Thanks
yes you can. you would need to get some type of interface or load box with a headphone line out...like this!

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
yes you can. you would need to get some type of interface or load box with a headphone line out...like this!

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

how does that work exactly?

i heard load does something to stop the head breaking and then the headphone part is pretty obvious.

Are there any bigger brand ones? im in the UK so needed something that it available over here

So just the amp head and that and im good to go?
Weber ships world wide
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Weber ships world wide

ah fair enough, inport tax int he UK is a random and expensive thing though so i prefer to order within the EU, though if thats not an option
Warning - the headphone tap sounds like shit.

If you want to practice with headphones, get a POD or an Axe-Fx. Dropping a tube amp down to headphone level just isn't worth it, especially since modeling technology has gotten so good. The interaction with a cab is too important, and the attenuation is so extreme that it just sounds awful. I've had some luck with a palmer PGA-04, but that's quite expensive and you're still sitting there cooking your tubes and running through a bunch of compression, and it ends up sounding like a POD but with way less flexibility.
Quote by Roc8995
Warning - the headphone tap sounds like shit.

If you want to practice with headphones, get a POD or an Axe-Fx. Dropping a tube amp down to headphone level just isn't worth it, especially since modeling technology has gotten so good. The interaction with a cab is too important, and the attenuation is so extreme that it just sounds awful. I've had some luck with a palmer PGA-04, but that's quite expensive and you're still sitting there cooking your tubes and running through a bunch of compression, and it ends up sounding like a POD but with way less flexibility.

so is a pod an amp modeler with a headphone out?

i already play through my pc into guitar rig with headphones at the moment but i really wanted to use an actual amp head
Quote by InfernoUk
so is a pod an amp modeler with a headphone out?

i already play through my pc into guitar rig with headphones at the moment but i really wanted to use an actual amp head

Yes it is
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate