So I'm trying something new and going to see my friend's band's metal concert, I'm not a huge fan of metal because the screaming of some bands singers turned me away from it. My friend is really looking forward to seeing me there, and I'm looking forward to seeing him onstage for the first time. The only problem is there singer who screams, I can really appreciate the music to back him up if I block him out. Does anybody have any tips?
Just be honest with your friend and tell him you don't like it. If he's a real friend he'll understand.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
But I want to really have fun, he's a great guitarist and the band is instrumentally really good.
My tip is to get over it. Like... oh my god, you don't like one element of the music! And have you honestly ever giving the vocal style a chance and tried to appreciate it and how it fits into the music? I'm guessing you haven't. You're going to support your friend, so deal with it. Part of being a friend is making like Chief Keef and doing that shit you don't like for them.

Quote by muffinduck01
Just be honest with your friend and tell him you don't like it. If he's a real friend he'll understand.

And if TS is a real friend, he can just suck it up for his friend.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ehbacon
But I want to really have fun, he's a great guitarist and the band is instrumentally really good.

just deal with it and go, man. if you hate every minute of it then don't go again. but i'd be willing to bet you'll have a good time.
Quote by ehbacon
okay, I guess I could just try it out, see how it goes. Any other tips?

What kind of tips are you expecting exactly?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ehbacon
okay, I guess I could just try it out, see how it goes. Any other tips?

Don't be that guy, who punches everyone who comes near him. That's not what the mosh pit is all about, after all.
I can't get really drunk, it's at a record store. And I'm never that guy, I just continually jump until I can't feel my legs. I'm gonna go, have a good time, listen to my friend shred.
Go have fun.

If that seems like very general, pointless advice, then you now get how we feel reading your thread.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ehbacon
I'm gonna go, have a good time, listen to my friend shred.

That's all you need to do.

Stop being a baby.

Just stand there and stare.

Endure anything you don't like.

You're going to need to learn how to endure unpleasant things.

You'll experience them many times in your life.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o