^this is something I've read a lot about and would like to try to really beef up my rig
http://line6.com/legacy/vettahd
there are all the specs, I know what a power amp is and how it works, but I'm not familiar with different brands and models. Any recommendations?
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
My suggestion is that you start with this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

....and work your way back your Vetta questions. Otherwise, go spend some time and research the line6.com forums and vetta user manual. But yeah, maybe someone will be more familiar with the Vetta (MatrixClaw) and can chime right in.
Preliminary question: do you want a tube poweramp or an SS poweramp?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Preliminary question: do you want a tube poweramp or an SS poweramp?

Ah apologies, I listed 'tube' in the thread title, but not in the post itself. Yes I want a tube power amp.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
^ +1

I really like what I've heard out of the Marshall EL34 100/100. Though it is definitely pricier, not to mention the cost of maintaining it.

Another good budget option besides the Peavey Classic 50/50 is the Carvin TS100 & T100. I think they're both basically the same thing, the TS100 might have a few more options or something.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X