When I play scales, arpeggio's or power chords it's fine.

But when I strum, the pick slowly spins in my fingers and I find myself being distracted. This is very off putting and really annoying, I find myself thinking about the pick and lose the rhythm (even simple stuff) and if I need to play notes it all turns to crap.

It's the reason I play very little acoustic or funk style rhythm.

Anyone find this? How did you overcome it?
Quote by wiggedy
When I play scales, arpeggio's or power chords it's fine.

But when I strum, the pick slowly spins in my fingers and I find myself being distracted. This is very off putting and really annoying, I find myself thinking about the pick and lose the rhythm (even simple stuff) and if I need to play notes it all turns to crap.

It's the reason I play very little acoustic or funk style rhythm.

Anyone find this? How did you overcome it?

Spins which way?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Spins which way?

Inward, or toward the bridge
Last edited by wiggedy at Jun 1, 2013,
Quote by wiggedy
Inward, or toward the bridge

I meant more like along which axis? Is it spinning in your fingers, rotating and staying flat, or sort of trying to spin against your fingers like twisting our of your grip?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I meant more like along which axis? Is it spinning in your fingers, rotating and staying flat, or sort of trying to spin against your fingers like twisting our of your grip?

yes, it's rotating toward the bridge and staying flat.
Last edited by wiggedy at Jun 2, 2013,