1. When I have my 2i4 plugged in, I can't seem to use any other audio systems. I tried setting my ASIO to have my Samson CO1U as my input and my 2i4 as my output but I got the blue screen. The only reason I ask is I'm using my CO1U (which is USB) to record rehearsals and my only other mic is being used for the vocals. Its not that difficult to switch between the two t record then playback, but I was just wondering if I'd ever be able to monitor.

2. Musiciansfriend has had the MXL 990/991 package for $70 for a while now. I'm desperate for more mics but I don't just want to buy garbage because it's cheap. Is this even worth the deal?
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Dual Gibson Humbuckers
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electric
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
Old Too Young (Folk/Bluegrass/Punk)
The Orange Line (Stoner Metal/Punk/Alternative)
Which ASIO driver? You'd need to use ASIO4ALL to use two different USB devices like that.

It does definitely work, though you can have timing problems between the interface and the USB mic.
It's possible, but it's definitely not easy. Took me and my BL most of 3 hours to get it working with his Yamaha Audigram 6 and Behringer Xenyx 802USB
Quote by Billwallace89
1. When I have my 2i4 plugged in, I can't seem to use any other audio systems. I tried setting my ASIO to have my Samson CO1U as my input and my 2i4 as my output but I got the blue screen. The only reason I ask is I'm using my CO1U (which is USB) to record rehearsals and my only other mic is being used for the vocals. Its not that difficult to switch between the two t record then playback, but I was just wondering if I'd ever be able to monitor.

That's because the interface takes over as your sound card. You can route stuff about with ASIO4ALL if you really want to, but I hear it can be tricky.

Quote by Billwallace89

2. Musiciansfriend has had the MXL 990/991 package for $70 for a while now. I'm desperate for more mics but I don't just want to buy garbage because it's cheap. Is this even worth the deal?

Still not really worth it. Those mics get an awful rap. Assuming you want more than crappy demo quality of course.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!