I'm looking to get a good Jimi Hendrix/John Frusciante tone.
(fyi I will probably be running distortion before it to get that screaming frusciante tone)

I would have bought the Wh10v2 but people say it has loads of issues (tone such and huge volume boost)

So that leaves me with..
Jim Dunlop Crybaby GCB95
Vox V847
Dunlop JH1D

Which of these is the best value for money?

Any more suggestions?

Which would you get if you had a budget of £100
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
Last edited by Caaarrl94 at Jun 1, 2013,
So this thread again?

I personally don't really like the Dunlop GCB95, but it's pretty much your average wah tone.
The Vox V847 might be a bit better for Hendrix from what I've heard, but I've never played one myself so I can't really comment on that one.
Getting a used Dunlop Hendrix wah is probably your best bet if you are after the Hendrix tone, you'll have to look for a used original WH10 though for the Frusciante wah sound.

However, you could always just go ahead and get a tweakable wah like the Dunlop 535Q, Vox Big Bad Wah or Ibanez Weeping Demon and try to set it up for the tone you want.

I'm personally buying a Weeping Demon now.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Look for a used Weeping Demon.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
(bump)
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
I doubt there's anything else than what has already been said in this, as well as the other thread about the exact same topic you did.

From what I've heard so far, the Weeping Demon can quite approximate the WH10 tone and doesn't have that "boosting issue" or tone sucking bypass. Also it's quite tweakable and can be found quite cheap used as well.

Mine will arrive in a couple of days, I will do a couple of soundclips in the style of Hendrix and Frusciante as well probably.

Anyway, please stop bumping your threads.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Sorry for the same threads a million times, I only just figured how to 'bump'
Quote by jkielq91
Hendrix had a Vox wah.

I already knew that, i'm just not sure how the lower priced ones would compare with his original.
Thanks for the cool picture though.
I have the Ibanez reissue wah and can't say I've noticed any real issues (except that rubber stopper that makes it tough to turn the pedal on and off) sound wise it's pretty similar to the original. on a different track take a look at the Morley classic wah. I use one along with fuzz for Hendrix and I think it may get you a serviceable RHCP sound as well.

oh and new cheap vox not even close to the same as the Hendrix wah
Last edited by monwobobbo at Jun 3, 2013,
I have the Vox, and it's generally better than the standard crybaby.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by deadsmileyface
I have the Vox, and it's generally better than the standard crybaby.

That's probably just your preference. Everyones tastes are different, I have crybaby and I'm satisfied with it.
i'm looking for a pretty throaty sound, with a more intense sweep like the wh10.
Crybaby or vox v847?
This might be a long shot but I just got a Boss PW-10, and it has pretty good models of a few wahs. You can adjust the range and stuff like the presence, it's worth a look. It was pretty cheap on ebay too.