Hey guys!

A shop around here still has two brand new MIJ So-Cal Charvels and I'd like to get one before they're gone. The thing is, I tried them both and their necks feel quite different. I know necks can feel a bit different from a guitar to another, even within the same model, but I'm wondering to which point?

Also, what I think is the most intriguing is that one of the guitars doesn't have the edges as rolled as what you'd expect from a japan made Charvel. I mean, most of them looks like the side of the frets are scalloped, but this one doesn't.

The thing is, both necks feel really good. Different, but as good. Is such a difference normal or is there something wrong with one of the guitars?

(btw, I'm sorry if it's hard to understand, english is not my first language)
Get the one you like best
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
are you sure they're definitely both MIJ? there are newer non-mij charvels out now.

but if they are, i mean it can happen. i tried a bunch of the MIJ series' precursor, the pro mods (which were USA-made) and they all felt slightly different. it wasn't a massive difference, though, it just depends.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, they're both MIJs. I'm going to try them again tomorrow morning. I guess that as long as the neck feel good it's okay. I'm just kind of paranoid when I'm buying a new guitar.
yeah i mean as long as there's not something actually wrong with it, it should be fine (i think)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried them both (red an blue so-cals) again for a few hours this morning. There was definitely something wrong with the red one. I can't really explain it. It's like they missed a step while crafting this particular guitar. While the fretwork was perfect, the neck felt chunkier and the edges weren't rolled at all. Plus, it seemed way more oiled than the others, if that make any sense.

On the other side, the neck on the blue so-cal just felt amazing. So I bought it! Expect a NGD thread soon
nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If its a MIJ GET IT!!!! i got one from my local pawn shop in damn good condition. They are very solid guitars. the pickups a great, the trem is great and stays in tune to the point i only have to slightly tune it once a week and i use the trem A LOT. its comfy AF.

about the rolled edge vs non rolled edge, i never really noticed a difference between them on necks unless im really focused on that specific aspect of it.

TLDR, get it, you wont be disappointed.