What is the problem when i plug in my fender pawn shop mustang and it has a lot of feedback, when i put my hand on the bridge or touch the strings and even the humbuckers the feedback goes away? I plug in my usa strat and it doesn't have that problem. I just had the mustang set up and informed them about the feedback, they didn't have the feedback problem, also they checked for bad grounding etc. My amp is about 3 months old, fender mustang 3.

Thanks
Scott
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Visual sound Jekyll aan hyde
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
the strat has emg pickups. it only happens when i kick on a distortion or fuzz on. I forgot to mention that, sorry.
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
volume at 5, gain at 4 and distortion tweaked at different levels and still have the feedback.
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
One of the great things about EMG's is low microphonics. I find the same thing myself, though I do run a much larger rig than you. When I'm working feedback on my Yamaha SG (Gibson LP custom pickups) I have to be really careful whereas my custom guitar with EMG's is never an issue.
However, I do think that you may have a grounding issue with your guitar. Check that the earth strap to the bridge is sound.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

However, I do think that you may have a grounding issue with your guitar. Check that the earth strap to the bridge is sound.

It is definitely a grounding issue. The noise going away when you touch metal parts of the guitar is a huge red flag for grounding.

Look inside the control cavity and look for a wire that has come disconnected.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X