So, tonight I had a little gig filling in for my uncle's band. I didn't know what I wanted to use, so I grabbed two heads, two cabs and my Deville and took it all...
Hahaha.
The though occurred to me when I ran all three amps at once: "Maybe this is a little too much for one gig..." But then I told myself, it's never too much! Ha.
In the end, I just used my Deville because, I don't know... There's something special about this one particular Deville... A year ago I bought a hand-wired AC-30 from Guitar Center and took it back because it just didn't sound as good as the Deville did to me...
Anyways, I just figured I'd get everyone's opinions on what's "too much" and see if anyone ever had any stories like this.

Awesome!
And the point is? Flaunting your uncles gear to be cool? If you aren't doing the above, two heads ran into one cab in srereo is the most i bring out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's only too much when you bring two huge stacks and a combo and just use the combo...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
So you brought all the amps out and only used one?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Well, if it were my uncle's gear, then it'd been some bass gear, too; which, for a guitarist, can be too much.
The idea did come to me to run a cab and amp on either side of the stage to even things out and put some sound behind my uncle so he could hear me and not what was coming through the monitor. I did also think about running stereo into one cab, but I, personally, thought that was too much. Like I said; in the end, the Deville is what was taken out.
The point was not to try to be cool, but too see opinions on "too much." I've played in places before where bands would run between two guitarists and a bassists, 6 full stacks.
I apologize if the included picture seems like flaunting. I posted it because I, for whatever reason, think it's funny.
Awesome!
Quote by ibanezguitars44
It's only too much when you bring two huge stacks and a combo and just use the combo...

+1
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I won't fault you for the "never too much" attitude (who wouldn't love more gear?).
Personally, I loathe setting up and breaking down, so I wouldn't want to bring 3 amps, but I'm sure it would sound amazing.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
If I had all that gear I'd take the it all too, it looks ****ing cool :') ANd at the end of they day you're the one who's gotta take it all so it's down to you.
Personally I take my Vypyr amp, 1 guitar, my foot switch a cable and that's it
Gear:
Epiphone SG Emily The Strange
Peavey Vypyr 75 with modded bat wing
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
TS you been hangin with Cathbard huh?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There's no such thing as too much, which is why I sometimes go as far as 10 o'clock on the volume dial on the HT-1.
Quote by jameswilddev
There's no such thing as too much, which is why I sometimes go as far as 10 o'clock on the volume dial on the HT-1.

Right on brother, one of these days try cranking it up to "noonsies" and stand back!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Robbgnarly
TS you been hangin with Cathbard huh?

Hey - I use my stack, it isn't just a stage prop.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
I gotta pay this.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Hey - I use my stack, it isn't just a stage prop.

Storage don't count :p
This one time when my old band played a show. this guitarist in another band group a full stack, a shit load of rack effects, and this huge ass pedalboard. Note we were playing in a college music bar in a rough part of town. His tone sounded really bad on top of it.

They also got some of the time of their set cut because he took too long to set up
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jun 2, 2013,