Alright, I'll try to keep it brief.

Budget-$500 or less total (less is better)

Tones: I currently have a John 5 signature tele for rock/metal/heavy stuff, and a 72 thinline reissue (semi-hollow with wide range humbuckers) for worship, ambient, and rock. I want something in the middle, hopefully that I could use for both.

Preferences-No pointy metal guitars, no quilted or flamed finishes. Would really prefer to have a trem (don't have a guitar with one currently, and I've enjoyed guitars that I've borrowed that have trems of some kind)

Pickups-It has to have at least one humbucker (HSS is ok for example, but not SSS). Two humbuckers with a coil tap is fine by me.

New or used-Unless there is something astounding that is only available new, I predict I'll be going the used route.

Location-Lincoln, Nebraska.

Current gear-signature.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 2, 2013,
I need to try out one of those Gretschs in person, they definitely have potential. I had to borrow a Parker for a set awhile back, and something just felt wrong about it (I can't even put my finger on what it was, I just didn't jive with it). Thanks for the ideas!
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Parkers ARE love-'em-or-hate-'em!

I recently bought a new Reverend Flatroc with a Bigsby, and I love it. The RevTron pickups are great for rock & roll, psychobilly, etc.- a good retro HB sound. Here is an older one on sale for just a little outside your budget.

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/electric/reverend/reverend-flatroc-rock-orange-used/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 2, 2013,
The PRS SE's that I've played have all had smaller necks, is that common? I have huge ape hands, so it wouldn't be ideal for me. That Reverend sure is a looker....
Check out Schecter guitars. Especially the Solo-6 models. They have big thick necks and large frets, which you might enjoy.
You might be paying more like 600-1000 but it's definitely worth it, IMO.
They have models with tremolo bridges as well.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL