Hi there! I need some help here... I primarily am an Alternative Metal/Hard Rock player with some Metal on the side (think Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Flyleaf, and then with some Periphery on the side). I play with a Randall RM100 and I have some channels with some real heavy overdrive because that's what I primarily like haha. I also am selling my Schecter Hellraiser for this planned Jaguar simply because I riff more than solo and I really don't see a need for a Floyd Rose tremolo anymore, its more of a hassle for me. I work in a music shop and we recently got in some of the Blacktop series. A part of me REALLY REALLY enjoyed the Modern Player Jaguar with the P-90's but I am unsure if that will really cover the style of music I play. Should I go ahead and buy it?? I would probably change the pickups to Bare Knuckle Supermassive 90's, i researched them and saw they are exactly a sound I would play. What else of a Jaguar could I change up so that it can cover my style?? I'm really in the need of help here. Thanks!

This is it. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-modern-player-jaguar-electric-guitar
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Humbuckers would probably cover you style better, so maybe go with the blacktop.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I'm afraid that a Jaguar might not be the best choice for you unless you got the Players HH. I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending the Blacktops as I've never played a Fender Blacktop that I didn't think was kinda junk.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
With the Pickup swap, you're talking @ $600 outlay for the Jag.

What is it about the Jag you like so much that you would buy it and upgrade versus spending that money on a guitar that could do the job without the upgrade?

I ask because- even though I like the Supermassive 90s- it seems like a hard way to go when you should be able to find something that would work in stock form.

(To be clear, I'm not against upgrading pickups. I've done it before, and I'm planning on doing so on another guitar this year. About those were guitars I already owned, not something bought with a plan to upgrade immediately.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 2, 2013,