Hey guys,

So quite a few years ago my parents picked up an Epiphone Les Paul classic second hand for my first guitar for around £150.

Now I've started taking playing seriously I've been looking for information on the guitar and due to it being discontinued there's no info on the epiphone or gibson site.
The serial number shows it was made at the Unsung Plant, Korea in 2004.
Despite it being stupidly cheap it plays better than any other epiphone LP's I've tried and even some of the cheaper Gibsons like the LP studio.

Was wondering if anyone has any information on these guitars like the spec and if anyone else owns or has owned one what they think of them. Oh and of course how much they are worth.
I'll upload a picture and if anyone thinks that they need to see anymore like the headstock or something just say and I'll put another up
Last edited by Smith1606 at Jun 2, 2013,
yeah kinda! mine is 22 frets, the majority of those reviews say 21
Also the epiphone writing is different to every other epiphone I've seen although that may just be because it's older
All the prices seem to vary, wondering if anyone has a solid RRP price
and any infomation as to why they were discontinued
thanks
Quote by Smith1606

I'll upload a picture and if anyone thinks that they need to see anymore like the headstock or something just say and I'll put another up

until then, here take this puppy.

Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 2, 2013,
That looks like a Standard Flame top. it is a better guitar than a studio for sure.

You have a pic of the head stock?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Smith1606
Hey guys,

So quite a few years ago my parents picked up an Epiphone Les Paul classic second hand for my first guitar for around £150.

Now I've started taking playing seriously I've been looking for information on the guitar and due to it being discontinued there's no info on the epiphone or gibson site.
The serial number shows it was made at the Unsung Plant, Korea in 2004.
Despite it being stupidly cheap it plays better than any other epiphone LP's I've tried and even some of the cheaper Gibsons like the LP studio.

Was wondering if anyone has any information on these guitars like the spec and if anyone else owns or has owned one what they think of them. Oh and of course how much they are worth.

It is an Epi LP Classic Plus

here's your spec-list

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Les_Paul_Classic#Les_Paul_Classic_Plus

You can get new ones (Standard Plustop PRO) for less than 300GBP
so I bet it's worth around 150-200 GBP

awesome that's exactly it.
For a guitar so cheap its so good! Plays nicer than the Gibson studios that go for like £600-£800
Until of course you get a good Gibson Studio...
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Hmmm theres a few different classics out there then, mine is a 1997 model of this lil vixen...
http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/File:LpclasicBMT.jpg

The differences of mine to stock is A) repaired broken neck, B) Super 70 Pickups, C) Bone Nut. Plays like butter, holds tune beautifully, sustains like a ****** sucking a crayon and slowly getting high thanks to the new bone nut... In short, its lovely and full of mojo.