I have a Jackson RR3 crimson swirl that I've been playing for years and it's great but the headstock is damaged and it keeps going out of tune. I'm looking at the Alexi 600 and I would like to know if it's worth the extra grand to get the ESP version if the quality is that much better. I've played the ltd one years ago and loved it, has anyone played both? Thanks.
esps are normally better than their ltd counterparts (i haven't tried that exact model), but whether they're worth the extra, only really you can tell.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
again, i haven't tried the exact model, but the couple of edwardses i've tried (i own one, have tried another one too, they're pretty rare outside japan) i'd put between ltd and esp in terms of quality. they're started in china and finished in japan, fwiw (as far as i'm aware).

EDIT: it basically comes down to how much difference there is in the prices, how good your finances are, and your own personal opinion. that's no help, but it's the truth.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 3, 2013,
The LTD version has a slightly lower quality tremolo, and the ESP has an unfinished (well, oiled) neck, while the LTD has a painted neck. If you can afford it I'd always recommend going for the full-fledged ESP, but if you just can't stretch that far, the LTD is definitely a great guitar and will more than likely be perfectly serviceable for whatever you put it through. Is losing the neck pickup a concern for you if you're going from an RR3 to an ESP Alexi?

You might not be interested but it's worth mentioning, ESP do a standard Rhoads-styled V with a neck pickup and more "standard" inlays that's otherwise identical to an Alexi, and I think it's quite a bit cheaper even though it's made in the same place to the same standard, with a neck pickup to boot!