Okay so I am trying to address two situations here.

#1: I wanted to get a DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Pickup and put it in the bridge position. I'm buying a new guitar and putting custom pickups in it. (This pickup is a humbucker).

What specific PAF pickup, or any other pickup (humbuckers), would go well with this?

#2: I'm trying to get a new guitar and these pickups for around or under $1000. I wanted a Gibson SG (for the double cutaway body), but I can't find one that's not over $1000 that's in stock. I could have overlooked though too. If I can get a Gibson Les Paul that fits my situation, then that would be great. But, if you have a better alternative guitar that would also fit well with this pickup combination (needs humbuckers), please let me know. I don't NEED to spend close to $1000 if I don't have to. In other words, I want the most value for my money. Your advice would be great, please and thanks.
sg studios are pretty cheap, and would probably be pretty good for your uses
If your in the usa www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear they always have SG fadeds for $400ish.

You can even get Standards for under $700 most of the time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i want a brand new axe.. i was wondering if any Ibanez guitars would be nice, or any other brands
Quote by zach.vidal.98
i want a brand new axe.. i was wondering if any Ibanez guitars would be nice, or any other brands

That is fine, it is your money. Just realize going used you will get you better gear than you can buy new
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
For the neck pickup the PAF 36th Anniversary (DP103) is the usual companion to the super distortion.

And I second the used SG votes.
Quote by zach.vidal.98
yeaahh you are right. do they ship the stuff to you?

Yes and the shipping is really reasonable. You also have 30 days to return any used item and you can either return it to your local Guitar Center (if you have one) or ship it back.

I have bought several amps from out of state stores and the shipping has been <$20 and one was a 1x12 tube combo that weighed 40lbs

That's why I suggested some of the amps you can find on their used site in your other thread. You can get a guitar and amp for your budget that would cost almost 2x your budget new.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 2, 2013,