Hi guys, just made a new cover video of one of my all time favorite songs. The solo in it is just amazing. To me though, its not the hardest part. The really tricky thing with this song is imo the intro harmonics. Keeping that on time is kind of challenging. All the guitar u hear is mine, I played to a backing track I found online. Id love to hear what u guys think of it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sD5VYIN6QI

Thanks,

Jake P
Quote by awesomo41894
The solo in it is just amazing. To me though, its not the hardest part. The really tricky thing with this song is imo the intro harmonics. Keeping that on time is kind of challenging.

lolwut.

I think you did a great job, but your rhythm tone sounds a bit too reverby..
Good cover nonetheless, I can tell you're feeling the song!
baab
Last edited by My Last Words at Jun 2, 2013,
Quote by My Last Words
lolwut.

I think you did a great job, but your rhythm tone sounds a bit too reverby..
Good cover nonetheless, I can tell you're feeling the song!

haha thanks man. I just used the same tone throughout, didnt really spend much time getting it, i like it as a lead tone, and i wanted to have a live video of me playing it, so I decided that for a song with this iconic of a solo, id rather have a great solo tone than a great rhythm tone. and haha Ig the harmonics def ARENT the hardest part, but it really is a B**** playing it consistently, and accurately while keeping on time with the drum hits. It might just be a personal thing. To me, the solo isnt all that challenging tbh, some of the bending is different, and the end lick is hard, but its really not that bad. Thanks for the crit man!!!
Quote by My Last Words
May I ask you for how long you have been playing?

well, ive been playing guitar since i was 7, but ive only been doing it seriously since i was 12ish. Im 19 now, so something like 7 years or so now.
Quote by dagget
Pretty good man. What's holding you back isn't your technique but your timing, which every once and a while will be a bit off. If you get your timing as accurate as the rest of your playing its gona take it to a different level. Overall pretty good playing man!

C4C?- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1602445

Thanks man, I agree with u completely. Im going to prolly redo it eventually, but atm im happy with it. Ill crit urs now!