Just bought a used retrorocket a while back, owner said he thinks its MIJ, but not certain and doesn't know the year of manufacture. Help me out here?

Serial #- fg06020055

*Added pics!

Last edited by Stratoplastered at Jun 2, 2013,
For certainty it is worth emailing Fernandes support with your serial number.
The lack of sustainer makes me gut say it is a Retrorocket X (the cheaper ones) but EMG pickups can be fitted to any guitar and with a solid paint colour one can't easily identify the body wood to see if it is a Pro or Elite.
If memory serves the Elite has always had a maple fretboard.

Re: Japanese origin. Custom Fernandes and some of the early '00 models were made in Japan. I was told my '04 Ravelle Elite was Japanese. The new ones are Korean built.

tl;dr - probably best to email Fernandes. I hope you haven't been 'ripped off'
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
the fg at the start of the serial number might stand for fujigen (i dunno, i'm not too well up on fernandes, but i know MIJ ibanezes' serials start with an F).

probably worth emailing fernandes, as barnesybaby says. or maybe check out the tokai registry forum (they have a fernandes section where you can post a thread) or japanaxe or somewhere like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sales / Customer Service - ( No guitar dating or technical support for old products [pre 2008]

I'm guessing its an '05 from the serial.
if it works the same way as the ibanez serial numbers it'd be an 06.

of course, I have no idea if it works the same way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?