Hello all...noob here. I'm trying to find a pickguard for a 66-67 Hagstrom Viking..believe it's black with gold lettering. Don't know where else to ask so I thought someone on here might know. I've tried two Hagstrom sites in Sweden...one quoted a price that's just about half of what the guitar's worth, and the other hasn't gotten back with me yet. The guitar belonged to my son who was killed in 1993 and I guess he took the pickguard off when he was teenager and I have no idea where it is. I'd like to sell it, but would like to have a pickguard to go on it to make it authentic. Are there any custom makers out there anyone knows of who do this kind of work? Would they also need one to copy? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks..

Bob Allen
Seaford, De
if you have a picture, any decent luthier or guitar tech should be able to make one.

Also you can contact Hagstrom and get a new production pickguard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As I stated before, I contacted Hagstrom in Sweden and they want over $100 for pickguard shipped over here. That's almost half of what I would expect to get from the guitar, though I haven't checked what the guitar's worth. I don't know anyone around here that could duplicate one from a picture, even if I had one. If anyone has a Hagstrom Viking and can send me a good picture, maybe that would help, and I'll go from there.

Thanks...
Where are you located in the world?

That guitar in good shape will be worth 1200€ which is ~$1,500ish

I got this from a Swedish web site, so it can vary depending on your location. But deff worth more than a few $$$ in the decent shape
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Those old Vikings command a very nice price, they're worth more than you think. Even the simpler bolt-on Japanese look-a-like's bring quite a bit more than their Japanese cousins. The cheapest vintage Hagstrom I've seen sell recently went for $275 and it was a VERY basic entry model

That Viking is a hell of a guitar man, if that's what you have. One of the better built "non standard" brands from that time period.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I'm in Delaware, on the Eastern Shore. As I scan craigslist weekly, it seems I rarely see any Hagstroms for over $400-$500. Looks like the highest are the ones that resemble Les Pauls, but I'm not up on the models. I just don't think the market is that good around here, but I could be wrong. But I want to move it, the sooner the better, so someone might get a pretty good deal. But I do need a pickguard.

Thanks...
I have a '66 Viking I Hagstrom with a hagstrom tremolo bridge. I had it appraised for about 1200 dollars CAN. However, I would never sell it. It's priceless. If that's the kind of guitar you have.

I would suggest spending the 100 on the guard, man. You're talking about a priceless piece of history. These guitars belong in museums.