Good golly, it's been a while, but this really is something to write home about. I saw an advertisement for a guitar show in Ottawa a yesterday and decided to check it out. Long story short, I ended up grabbing two pedals for the insane price of $110. One is an MXR envelope filter and the other is based off a Lovepedal Les Lius, but has a tone knob for the first mode.

The envelope filter is awesome. The attack is great to change it from a rally snappy, quacky, poppy filter to a smooth, gentle ramp up. It nails the filter from the Who's "Going Mobile" to a T.

It's funny that I left with a tweed-styled overdrive, because I've been itching for some kind of big muff/swollen pickle kind of fuzz lately. But I was smitten as soon as he plugged it in. I remember wanting a Les Lius when Lovepedal first came out with them, but like most of their pedals, way out of a high school kid's pricerange. It's got a fair amount of gain on tap. Not enough to be your main box in a hard rock/punk/metal kind of setting, but it's a fantabulous booster for any slightly gritty amp.

Besides the price, the builder was really awesome guy. No two pedals were named the same and they all had impeccable build quality. He mostly builds them for fun in his spare time and is really excited when someone takes an interest. On top of that, he's got the best warranty I've ever seen.

Anywhoos, if you want to hear the noise makers, click here. Amp is an Alamo Dart, set pretty clean.

Here's the signal chain. Compressor in between the envelope and the OD to smooth out the frequency spikes from the enveloppe and give the OD some extra gain.

Thanks for checking this stuff out and if you're in the Ottawa area, definitely give Mark Hammer a shout.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jun 2, 2013,
I'm in Ottawa area and never head of him, thanks for sharing your story and HNP
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Oh snap! Mark Hammer is the man. He's a legend in the DIY scene.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
nice scores

Quote by Jhachey22
I remember wanting a Les Lius when Lovepedal first came out with them, but like most of their pedals, way out of a high school kid's pricerange.

that's kinda ironic for pedals whose design is (allegedly!) way inside of a high school electronics student's ability especially if they're really good at copying well-known existing circuits (allegedly!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 2, 2013,