Is it possible for someone with an intermediate knowledge of recording to get professional sounding guitar and bass tracks with the kemper profiling amp and torpedo live?

We would still be recording drums and vocals in a professional studio, and getting the entire recording professionally mixed and mastered
Definitely.

I use a Kemper, it ****ing slays in the studio.

Any reason you need the Torpedo, though? Kemper sounds great by itself, can't imagine why I'd want to use an impulse box, when the Kemper can mix and match cabs already...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If profiled properly, the Kemper sounds indistinguishable from the real amp, as is.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
This is good information. I have been eyeing the rack version of the Kemper for the past couple of months. Just waiting for Sweetwater or Musician's Friend to get them in stock. From what I've read and heard, the Kemper is pretty amazing.
Quote by KG6_Steven
This is good information. I have been eyeing the rack version of the Kemper for the past couple of months. Just waiting for Sweetwater or Musician's Friend to get them in stock. From what I've read and heard, the Kemper is pretty amazing.

It really does rule, man.

I replaced my Diezel Herbert with an Axe-FX II thinking the new one would finally fit the bill for me, but after 7 months with it, I just couldn't get anything out of it I truly loved. Literally 10 minutes with the Kemper and I was blown away. It's basically the anti-modeler, modeler

All the other "modeling" units on the market have a very steep learning curve and require you to edit crap for hours to get the most out of them. The Kemper operates just like a real amp and pedals. Yes, you can go in and edit a ton, just as much as the Axe-FX... but it's really as complicated as you want to make it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com