Hi UG,

I'm planing to change my neck pick up on my jackson DK2FS soon. I presently have a single coil Duncan Design (which is honestly not bad at all) but I will replace it for a Dimarzio Tone Zone. I looked on the internet and found everything that explain how to do it and it always looks easy but all videos I checked were made by people who are very good at crafting stuff.

I know I'll be able to do it, but if it is very hard and it will take me 12 damn hours, I will have it done by a tech.

thanks for help
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
The hardest part will probably be restringing!

The only thing to be wary of is the colour coding of your wires. You should be able to literally take the guitar apart, desolder the old pickup wires, then solder the new ones to the exact same locations. You don't need to change controls or anything else.

Edit: Assuming that you're okay with a soldering iron and screwdrivers, the whole process should take less than an hour.
Quote by -MintSauce-
The hardest part will probably be restringing!

The only thing to be wary of is the colour coding of your wires. You should be able to literally take the guitar apart, desolder the old pickup wires, then solder the new ones to the exact same locations. You don't need to change controls or anything else.

Edit: Assuming that you're okay with a soldering iron and screwdrivers, the whole process should take less than an hour.

I'm good with soldering and screwdrivers so might do it at the end of the summer !
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
It's extremely easy if you know what you're doing beforehand. On the Seymour Duncan website there are wiring diagrams including the colour codes for most of the major pickup manufacturers, including Dimarzio.

Also, good choice with the Tone Zone, it sounds great.
After you've disassembled the guitar an idea might be to only detatch one wire at a time. Detatch the first wire from the old pickup then solder it onto the new pickup, then do the same with the 2nd wire and so on. that way it stops you from getting mixed up with your wires or loosing your place
Should be straight forward.. Only problem I ran into was that the pickup I replaced in my Ibanez had 4 more wires than the bastard that was in there!