I'm planning on upgrading my Squier Bullet Strat, and I'm wondering how much of an upgrade Guitar Fetish parts would be. I'm particularly looking at this pickup and these tuners. Any help is appreciated!
Neither are bad from my experience. Good enough for that upgrade or a really cheap build.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I have used lots of their puckups and parts.
I have the Fat Pat in a guitar and it replaced a Dimarzio Super Distortion. I recommend the Fat Pat or the VEH over the crunchy pat

And for the price those are decent tuners I have some on a Tele. But spend the extra few bucks and get the locking style. They have 2 different styles of the locking tuners and both are good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They aren't bad for the price, especially if you are putting them on a Squier Bullet.

My only question is, is it really worth it? Even spending $50 for new stuff is like half the price of a new Squier. Do you really need that stuff or is it something that you just "want"? I think you would be better off saving that money for a new guitar down the road. $50 can go a long way.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
They aren't bad for the price, especially if you are putting them on a Squier Bullet.

My only question is, is it really worth it? Even spending $50 for new stuff is like half the price of a new Squier. Do you really need that stuff or is it something that you just "want"? I think you would be better off saving that money for a new guitar down the road. $50 can go a long way.

I have an epiphone dot studio, so I'm using the Squier for when I occasionally want to play a song that's in drop d.
Quote by guitarman12909
I have an epiphone dot studio, so I'm using the Squier for when I occasionally want to play a song that's in drop d.

Ok okay. That makes more sense now.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
So I think I'm gonna go with the Fat Pat. I might hold off on the tuners for now, since the ones on there aren't the worst I've had to deal with and hold tune decently. Thanks for all the help guys!
Let me tell ya, GFS, TNT Customs, Ebay, whatever it is, is wonderful for upgrading a cheap instrument, because pretty much anything you get...is gonna be better than factory.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by guitarman12909
So I think I'm gonna go with the Fat Pat. I might hold off on the tuners for now, since the ones on there aren't the worst I've had to deal with and hold tune decently. Thanks for all the help guys!

The Fat Pat is a very good pickup, possibly the best GFS I have tried and I have tried a bunch of them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've got the Crunchy PAT in an old Peavey of mine, and I don care for it much. It's pretty shrill, so youre probably better off going with the Fat PAT. The Vintage 59s sound pretty good too.
I pride myself on my humility.