I'm new to Ibanez's which is the nicer guitar and what are the differences? How do these stack up against a Jackson Soloist? Price wise they look in between the USA Soloist and the Pro Series. My local GC never has Ibanez or Jackson guitars so I can't play them. I'm having a little bit of a mental problem with the Ibanez, they seem to have a reputation of building cheap guitars, are there expensive ones that much better?
I have a Jackson and a prestige, the Jackson is Japanese though, not a soloist. Both are great, I prefer the trem on the Ibby, but the soloist has and OFR, so I'd rate both a 9+
Prestiges are higher quality, but I believe premiums are pretty good as well. I think that Ibanez has thinner necks than jackson.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

yeah, the expensive ibanezes (like the j-customs) are awesome. they compare favourably to pretty much any company's high-end models (IMO). I mean, jackson makes cheapo guitars that i wouldn't touch with a bargepole too (as do most bigger guitar companies). that doesn't mean their dearer guitars aren't great (they are).

i haven't got round to trying any premiums yet, but the premiums aren't japanese-made, like the better ibanezes (prestige and j-custom), and normally don't come with ibanez's better tremolos.

I'd pass. get a prestige.

jackson's older pro series was made in japan (now they're not, and may well be not as good- i haven't got as far as trying them, either).

personally, in my opinion:

jackson (bolt-on) pro series (MIJ) < Ibanez Prestige ~ Jackson Pro Series (MIJ) Neck-thru < Ibanez J-custom ~ USA Jacksons

I wouldn't go any lower than the pro series jacksons (although I've put them bottom of the heap there, they're still "good" IMO, though the tremolo models' tremolos aren't too great). I haven't tried the newer non-MIJ pro series jacksons. if you have the option of japanese or USA, though, I'd go with that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 3, 2013,