Page 1 of 14

1. a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most: the privileges of the very rich.
2. a special right, immunity, or exemption granted to persons in authority or office to free them from certain obligations or liabilities: the privilege of a senator to speak in Congress without danger of a libel suit.
3. a grant to an individual, corporation, etc., of a special right or immunity, under certain conditions.
4. the principle or condition of enjoying special rights or immunities.
5. any of the rights common to all citizens under a modern constitutional government: We enjoy the privileges of a free people.

now that you know what privilege is, check yours. here, i found a list of some common privileges for you in case you're a fool who doesn't know where to start.. how do you make up for being so privileged?
cat
Holy shit i met all but like three of those. Get at me nonamerican nigger faggots.

lol at the term "hir."
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Because being pressured into guilt for being born into a certain demographic is wholly sensible.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069

That a lot of words. Summarize it for me in one word or less.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I thought the check ur priv cis scum thing died like a year ago, I guess UG is just late on everything like always
Quote by ryan_nadon
That a lot of words. Summarize it for me in one word or less.

Privilege.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069

sweet jesus, im dying over here
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by The Madcap
Don't ask why but the computer I'm on has Tumblr blocked for whatever reason. What's that link about?

it's a list of privileges which I trust you are going to check right now

white
male
Masculine
cis
heterosexual
sexual
monosexual
binary gender
dyadic
temporarily able bodied
neurotypical
vanilla
singlet
monogamous
socially acceptable body size
native english speaker
Native speaker of the main language/s in your country
middle+ class
access to education
adult
Christian [non-universal]
natural-born US citizen

Quote by darkcheef
I thought the check ur priv cis scum thing died like a year ago, I guess UG is just late on everything like always

assuming that it died is obviously a sign of your unchecked priv
cat
Quote by guitarxo
it's a list of privileges which I trust you are going to check right now

white
male

Masculine
cis
heterosexual
sexual
monosexual
binary gender
dyadic
temporarily able bodied
neurotypical
vanilla
singlet

monogamous
socially acceptable body size
native english speaker
Native speaker of the main language/s in your country
middle+ class
access to education
adult

Christian [non-universal]
natural-born US citizen

assuming that it died is obviously a sign of your unchecked priv

Bolded are true, the underlined are things that I have no idea what they mean.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Jun 3, 2013,
Taking Tumblr seriously on matters regarding morality, factuality, or politics is like trusting the Pit's medical advice. Sure, maybe some of it is true and accurate. Maybe some of the people know what they're talking about. And maybe, once in a blue moon, what is said is actually very intelligent, on the money, and something you should definitely heed.

But all in all, you're probably an idiot for going there for something like that, and an even bigger idiot for trusting the community as a whole.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 3, 2013,
So chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
So chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
Come on and check yo self before you wrickity-wreck yo self
Cause cis gendered males are bad for your health
Quote by barden1069

boom

OT: the implication that some of those can actually be considered privileges is more offensive than anything
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by bradulator
Bolded are true, the underlined are things that I have no idea what they mean.
Does not bolding cis mean you think you're a woman in a man's body?
Quote by The Madcap

Did any of you actually read the articles attached to the links? At least read the male checklist. It's not one sided, or blown out of proportion, it's sensible and legitimate. I don't get why you guys get off to mocking people when they point out social inequalities.
Quote by The Madcap
This image is also blocked on my computer.

Check your computer privileges.

"Anton Chigurh: That depends. Do you see me?.gif"
>Walks out of my apartment
>sees woman getting groceries out of her car, struggling to get them all at once
>I walk over to oppress her, clearly her gender role needs to be policed
>erection bulging out of my pants
>she sees me strolling over, drops her copies of Miss Magazine and Off Our Backs
>I let out a manly howl, several other men hear me and react with howls
>tears explode out of her eyes, groceries stepping out of her hand
>standing in front of her, I misogynisticly say with my ripped shirt and bulging erection "do you need help miss?"
>she drops everything and stutters, "could you get the door?"
>I calmly say with a patriarchal voice "It was my privilege"
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by The Madcap

That's not what cisgender is! OMG! HOW COULD YOU GET IT SO WRONG!

Cisgender is that.
'Temporarily able bodied'

lol
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Cisgender is that.

check your literacy privilege
Quote by blake1221
Did any of you actually read the articles attached to the links? At least read the male checklist. It's not one sided, or blown out of proportion, it's sensible and legitimate. I don't get why you guys get off to mocking people when they point out social inequalities.

It's more the implication that these applying to you makes you somehow a bad or oppressive person than the idea that they don't make sense. It's not the privileges themselves, it's the way it's conveyed and the stigma attached that attaches/attempts to attach to them.

That and Tumblr has given me a myriad of reasons not to take it seriously, and none to make me take it seriously. And that's not even mentioning that shaming people with online checklists is a poor way of enacting social change.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Cisgender is that.

Nice one.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by cho0onger
Because being pressured into guilt for being born into a certain demographic is wholly sensible.

you probably need to check your privilege (no this is not sarcastic i'm serious)
Quote by necrosis1193
It's more the implication that these applying to you makes you somehow a bad or oppressive person than the idea that they don't make sense. It's not the privileges themselves, it's the way it's conveyed and the stigma attached that attaches/attempts to attach to them.

That and Tumblr has given me a myriad of reasons not to take it seriously, and none to make me take it seriously. And that's not even mentioning that shaming people with online checklists is a poor way of enacting social change.

Tumblr is mostly for sharing gifs, that's why I don't take it seriously.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by necrosis1193

Well, it is a group effort, and like all big groups, you're going to have your fair share of idiots. The genuine mentality of this is not to oppress and shame people, it's simply to call attention and make people aware of the inequities that exist simply from being born a certain way. Are some a little far reaching? Yes, but that doesn't negate the validity that some of them hold.

While some go overboard, take the extremism with a grain of salt and look at the overall message. It's not blaming you for a problem, it's letting you know that the problem exists whether you like it or not, and something has to change in order to give groups equality.
Quote by blake1221
Well, it is a group effort, and like all big groups, you're going to have your fair share of idiots. The genuine mentality of this is not to oppress and shame people, it's simply to call attention and make people aware of the inequities that exist simply from being born a certain way. Are some a little far reaching? Yes, but that doesn't negate the validity that some of them hold.

While some go overboard, take the extremism with a grain of salt and look at the overall message. It's not blaming you for a problem, it's letting you know that the problem exists whether you like it or not, and something has to change in order to give groups equality.

I would say the most irritating part is the assumption that the majority of people don't realise that being a straight, able bodied and minded white male is easier.

Some of the points on that list are rather silly, though. Monogamy, for example, is a human universal, and so is not really a privilege. 'Socially acceptable body size' is almost entirely related to health.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jun 3, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
I would say the most irritating part is the assumption that the majority of people don't realise that being a straight, able bodied and minded white male is easier.

I think it's more pointing out that many people take that for granted.

Even so, I'm pretty neutral on the whole "privilege" issue.
Quote by Todd Hart

I honestly believe that most people aren't fully cognizant of that fact (I hope I used that right haha). I mean, that explains a lot of the mindset that people have when discussing this kind of stuff. Don't you dare bump it, but look at the Feminism thread. It's full of people woefully ignorant of it.

Quote by Todd Hart

Some of the points on that list are rather silly, though. Monogamy, for example, is a human universal, and so is not really a privilege. 'Socially acceptable body size' is almost entirely related to health.

And I admitted in that post, some are definitely far reaching. Others though, are spot on.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 3, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I think it's more pointing out that many people take that for granted.

Even so, I'm pretty neutral on the whole "privilege" issue.

I'm fine with that, but the tone of the majority of the 'literature' surrounding 'privilege' is painfully patronising.

But yeah, I mostly don't care. It's too petty to be bothered with, but it's not at all harmful, and I guess might once in a blue moon do something positive.
A while back I tried to look at the world through a lot of different perspectives, and I ended up trying to look through the eyes of an average strength/sized woman a few times. Everytime someone stared at me I thought I was gonna get raped or abducted and I wouldn't be able to put up a good fight probably maybe. I dunno how accurate this is, but it made me realise that people stare at other people a lot.
Quote by devourke
A while back I tried to look at the world through a lot of different perspectives, and I ended up trying to look through the eyes of an average strength/sized woman a few times. Everytime someone stared at me I thought I was gonna get raped or abducted and I wouldn't be able to put up a good fight probably maybe. I dunno how accurate this is, but it made me realise that people stare at other people a lot.

It bothers me that your immediate assumption was that women are constantly paranoid and nervous.
Quote by Todd Hart
'Socially acceptable body size' is almost entirely related to health.

not necessarily. actually, I'd say that it's a privilege which very few people have
cat