Hey guys, I'm on a budget of 500$, more or less, I've been browsing a lot of guitars in my range, But I wanted some help on what could be the best flying V I could get in my budget ? I play Thrash, Speed, And old school heavy metal.
Used Gibson '68 V on Ebay. You can get them for roughly $500. Great guitar for metal.

/thread

But really, you're being vague. There are a ton of V's out there and they all have different features. Do you want Active or Passives? Floyd or Fixed Bridge? What woods do you want? You need to include these sorts of preferences.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 3, 2013,
I have an LTD Alexi-600 I actually got on sale from MF for $599 new, its pretty nice, although the HZ that comes with it sounds like ass. I'm sure you can find a few of those used on ebay. I grew out of odd shaped guitars though
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Schecter flying v's would be great for metal, there should be some on eBay.
But we need to know what you like if you like active or passive pickups
Last edited by zachpack at Jun 3, 2013,
If I can get Active Pickups for 500$ then that's awesome, Otherwise I can settle for Passives as well, A locking nut would also do, I don't really care for a floyd rose since I am not a really avid whammy/tremolo bar user, More of a Dense Shredder and Riffer, A fixed bridge could be fine. Bolt-On necks are cheap but if, again, Anything better an still in the 500$ range, I can settle for, It'd be better if you guys could show me something that doesn't have to be used :P
are you still in pakistan?

not sure what the options are for new guitars there.

what kind of amp are you using?
Hey gregs, Haha yes I'm still in Pakistan, I'm using a Line 6 15 Watt for playing in my room, But when I'm playing live It's usually a Vypry 75 Miked to the P.A system.
Quote by MehrozeGillani
Hey gregs, Haha yes I'm still in Pakistan, I'm using a Line 6 15 Watt for playing in my room, But when I'm playing live It's usually a Vypry 75 Miked to the P.A system.

imo i wouldn't sweat the actives then.

if you're after a hard tail, i'd rec a bacchus or tokai, not sure who the local sellers would be in pak though. those tend to be more traditional types of V's.

edwards also makes some models that are more popular with the br00tz crowd.

just three brands i'd check out. there's no shortage of them.