How do I connect Line6 POD 2.0 to computer? It doesn't have USB link. What kind of hardware I need for connecting it?
I don't think it's possible. Have you looked up the owner's manual (or do you have it?)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I dunno if you can maybe use a MIDI to USB cable? I've done this before with my old Boss ME-X, from the MIDI output. Allowed me to record an audio signal, not just MIDI messages.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
MIDI won't do anything, don't bother with a USB adapter there. The 2.0 doesn't have any digital connection capability for a computer interface. If you want to record on your computer you'll have to just plug straight from the headphone out into your computer's mic input.
Quote by Roc8995
MIDI won't do anything, don't bother with a USB adapter there. The 2.0 doesn't have any digital connection capability for a computer interface. If you want to record on your computer you'll have to just plug straight from the headphone out into your computer's mic input.

Absolutely terrible idea.

TS - Go to the Recordings Forum and read the Interfaces sticky. It will tell you everything you need to know.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Terrible idea, but more or less the only way to do it with a 2.0. For the cost of any decent interface you could just upgrade to a newer POD that has USB support. Direct-in is crappy, but if all you want to do is get your 2.0 hooked up to your computer it will at least work without costing more than the unit is worth.
At least you admit it Have to say, I was surprised to see a Mod suggest that.

Reading the interfaces sticky is the best answer though - if TS bought his kit thinking he could record with it (or even just play through his PC), he either didn't do his research or it was mis-sold.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Does the older 2.0 not have a headphone jack? I recorded for years straight from the headphone jack of the Pocket Pod into the line in jack on an onboard sound card without any real problems, sounded right, low noise.
Don't forget to produce a GUI in Visual Basic and find the spreadsheet in Prince of Persia on the XBox.
1) Pod audio out into computer line-in. (cost of cable)
2) Pod audio out into USB audio interface. (cost of usb audio interface)
Yes you can connect the Pod with that cable. And you can edit presets with the Pod software using that cable. MIDI does not carry analog or digital audio. MIDI carries data. That dat acan command the device what to do. If the device has a synth on board it can command the synth to play sounds.

But the Pod does not have a synth on board and even if it did you still wouldn't have the audio on the computer. It would still come out the Pod. The Pod does not do anything with MIDI regarding audio signals.

Lavatain's claim that he recorded audio signals over a MIDI to USB convertor is incorrect. There are no audio signals in MIDI. The MIDI data rate is not even sufficient to carry anything but low quality audio if you were to figure out a way to send audio data.
Seriously, you need an interface. Go read the sticky.

Buying an interface will also allow you to use lots of other free VST effects & amp models that will be superior to what you get with your POD.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes, that's exactly the type of device you need to be considering.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud