The speaker(cab) doesn't have to be the same brand as the amp am I right?

I'm a noob on gear so please take it easy.
The speaker cabinet must be able to handle the wattage of the amp (preferably the cab will have a higher rating than the amp) and the impedance (ohms) of both should match. Other than those two it really doesn't matter.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^ +1

now... some styles of speakers and cabinet construction etc. will suit some amps better than others. so that's worth bearing in mind, too. But yeah, as long as the wattage of the speakers is high enough and the overall impedance of the cabinet matches a possible impedance setting on your amp, it'll "work".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?